Menu

Bob double stroller

I'd use it to walk on our road, and for the zoo and maybe the outlet mall. I should never read reviews, because this always happens to me.

If you only walk you would be just as happy with a cheaper model. Bob strollers are great, but they're not worth the extra money if you're not planning on using it for running or hiking...

Totally worth the $$, and if you search online, you can find it cheaper. My daughter has twins and a 3 year old. We found a double bob revolution at REI for $540. We went to the store . If I had to pay shipping, I would have gotten it at one of the online places that boasts free shipping. My daughter runs marathons and does all her training with this stroller. The twins ride in the stroller part and the 3 year old can ride on this little hump over the front wheel. You can steer this stroller with one finger and there is a brake for going downhill. If you push a bob, you will never want to operate any other stroller.

After many years of cheaper double stroller I just got my BOB last week and LOVE it!!! I wish I'd just made the investment way back when instead of wasting time/$ on strollers that were of lesser quality. Yes, it was a huge purchase but worth every penny. I take mine out on rougher trails and it rides like a dream, plus I jog every day with it. I got mine off ebay for $500 plus $20 shipping.

There is a yahoogroup called StrollerSwap. The ladies there take amazing care of their strollers. If you join perhaps someone there is selling a BOB Duallie for less than retail.

(I should say, I am a runner and I have LOVE LOVE LOVED my BOB strollers.)

I'd go with the Bob or find a used, newer BabyJogger or perhaps a Phil & Teds convertible (they have a couple versions now). From someone who went through 4 strollers for two girls, we spent just shy of what you are wishing to purchase, and it will last for years, and you'll be able to re-sell it in a heartbeat:

1) the Graco was great, but then LLL came along when she was less than 2, so we needed a double.

2) Maclaren double was great, but PDG didn't want to be in a stroller anymore, and PDG still needed a stroller (this sold 20 minutes after posted on Craig's List for a very good price - at least 60% of the purchase price)

2) Light umbrella-style Zooper #1 was defective and was replaced by the store from which I purchased.

4) Bigger, but still umbrella-style Zooper #2 was fine, but stopped rolling smoothly when LLL hit 28 pounds -- it was guaranteed for 45 pounds.

I so wish I'd gone with my very first hunch before the Graco, and had gotten a convertible P&T - from one baby to two babies, back to one toddler...