Menu

We are using Math Without Borders with Foerster's algebra 2 and it's working well. However, I still need to be able to help so I have been doing many of the problem sets myself on the weekends to keep up.

Yep, I did this as well. This year I do pre-cal at night. Dh says he can't wait until the day that I no longer bring books to bed;)

Edited by SusanAR

I've had two kids try and use MWBs this year and neither one of them cared for them. One for Algebra I and one for Algebra II. Neither one of them felt that he explained things well and they preferred just learning directly from the book.

Yvonne in NE

It really depends on your child. My oldest worked with Foerster's I without MWB but had trouble with the last two chapters. He finds MWB DVD's to be very helpful for Foerster's Algebra II/Trig. He says it would have been difficult without it. My youngest is working on Foerster's Algebra I with MWB Dvds and finds them very helpful. He is glad to have the teaching with the DVDs especially from chapter 4 onward.