Menu

If you remember the socks my IL's send, then you'll love this!!

So, our Christmas box arrived today. From The Aunts. It's huge. The note said to just open it on the porch and start handing stuff out, so that's what I did. There was the usual - packets of hot chocolate for the children, shirts for dh, a new blanket for the baby... random snacks that I have no idea why they sent, but the kids love them. As I near the bottom of the box, I'm looking for my socks - you know MY SOCKS - the ones I'll never wear, but that make me smile. I'm half dreading it, but also feeling all warm and fuzzy about being "Part of the Family". You know how it goes. :D

So. Um. There's no socks. But there is one bundle, wrapped in tissue paper (nothing else in the box is wrapped, so this is odd). It's too big to be socks. What could it be?

Oh, there's a note on the tissue paper. "Natty Nursing Nightie, Dy" :confused: Huh?? Without thinking, I open it. I mean, Gram's 98. The Aunts range in age from 60, on UP. Why wouldn't I open it... right there... in front of the boys...

Oh. Dear. God.

Pink and brown leopard print lingerie with pink lace trim!!! :o

I showed DH, and once he quit laughing, he said he kinda liked it (actually, I think his exact phrase was "I'm down with that" - which made me giggle all the more). But still, I was perfectly happy with socks. Not to mention, this takes my relationship with the IL's to an HNL, folks! *whew*

Maybe I'll just get socks for my birthday. Wouldn't that be nice? I mean, really, where can they go from here!?

Guest meandtheguys

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is hysterical!!

My MIL gave me lingerie once for Christmas, and I had to open it up in front of her. AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! She must have been able to tell that I was mortified b/c she never, EVER did it again.

(HI, DY!! :) )

~Em

Oh my! ROFL! So, are you going to post a picture? Oh wait, they read that, so you probably can't, huh. That's hilarious!:D

I don't know that they would take it the way I mean it (as in - wow, that's really hilarious, and slightly awkward, but aren't they the sweetest? - that's how I mean it) and I wouldn't hurt their feelings for anything in the world. They're the best! They're just so darned kooky sometimes!! LOL!

I'm just glad they love me. :p

*snort* I wish I knew how to knit - I'd make you some leopard socks to go with that nightie! That's a total hoot, Dy.

Maybe. I don't know.

It doesn't help that the boys think it's SOOOO PRETTY!! So, in spite of the fact that I keep trying to find a place to stash it, they keep finding it. So far, Smidge has been a jungle cat (wore the camisole on his head... *sigh*... another quarter in the therapy jar), and they've made EmBaby into some kind of Tarzan-Princess-Thing. ACK. ACK-ACK-ACK.

If I ever get anything wrapped again, I won't open it until everybody's asleep!

o.m.g. That is all I have to say. How could you really wear that knowing grandma gave it to you? - I mean really. wow. just, wow.

DH's Aunts, on his father's side, are all widowed ladies who are so full of spunk and zest and life. They're really amazing women. And they are so delightful about letting people know they are loved, and thought of. I want to be like 3/4 of them when I grow up. (The fourth one, though, is a little loopy. Loopier. Anyway, I've asked DH to set me in the snow with a bottle of tequila if I ever go her kind of insane - but even hers is benign. Just wacky. And sweet. And I wouldn't trade her, or any of them, for anything.)

But yeah, it's a whole new comfort level we're talkin' about, here. Well, that and I'm just not a pink animal print kinda gal. LOL! But - oh! I think I have some socks that *will* go with it! They have brown big-eyed puppies and pink ribbons on them!!!

SCORE! FULL ENSEMBLE! I can't believe I didn't think of those before! :D

Maybe. I don't know.

It doesn't help that the boys think it's SOOOO PRETTY!! So, in spite of the fact that I keep trying to find a place to stash it, they keep finding it. So far, Smidge has been a jungle cat (wore the camisole on his head... *sigh*... another quarter in the therapy jar), and they've made EmBaby into some kind of Tarzan-Princess-Thing. ACK. ACK-ACK-ACK.

If I ever get anything wrapped again, I won't open it until everybody's asleep!

Oh, man. I'm dying here! This is hysterical. I'm gonna be laughing everytime I think about this. :D