Menu

What to do with ribbons?

My twins are competitive horseback riders and even at 8 years old have accumulated literally hundreds of ribbons. Any clever ideas on how to display them and/or store them?

I am tempted to hang them in the barn, but they will get very dusty very quickly.

I'd love some clever ideas!

Thanks.

Hidden somewhere on a decorating a teen's bedroom website (in other words, I'd have no idea how to find it again!), I saw a bedroom where they had taken hundreds of ribbons and used them as a high border around the room on the wall. Like 8-10 inches down from the ceiling, but all around the room, much like you might put up a wallpaper border.

So there is something to think about!

Depending on what the ribbons are made from, I recently saw a quilt made just from ribbons won in various competitions. Then the quilt was hanging on a wall as the decoration. It was very pretty and personal. The girl that had won all the ribbons was quite excited to tell me she was now working towards her second quilt.

Hidden somewhere on a decorating a teen's bedroom website (in other words, I'd have no idea how to find it again!), I saw a bedroom where they had taken hundreds of ribbons and used them as a high border around the room on the wall. Like 8-10 inches down from the ceiling, but all around the room, much like you might put up a wallpaper border.

So there is something to think about!

This is what we did! It is beautiful. We left it up about a year. They do get a bit dusty though.