Menu

What my son wants to be when he grows up, with back up plans!

This just seems so funny to me. My son has goals written on a piece of paper and thumbtacked to his wall. He changes it around from time to time, but for now, here it is:

1. Defend country (if accepted into Military Academy)

2. Defend a city (if not accepted into military - then I will be a police officer)

3. Provide food for our country (if not accepted into the military or police academy, then I will become a farmer)

4. Lead our nation - I will become president of our country, if I win the race

5. Lead our city - (if not elected to be president, then I will run for Mayor)

He is a funny kid.:)

He is 12.

His twin brother wants to join the Marines, or something like that, or maybe doing something fun or something fast or something else.

Funny how they are so different.

:lol:

It is funny how two people who are related can be so different. I think this same thing about my own family members all the time!

I hope you are all doing well!

Can he fit in governing NJ? (Not a political statement) He sounds like a level-headed guy, and we'll likely still need some good governing by the time he's of age! :)

My husband is in the military, so we are no longer in NJ. In fact, we were only there for 10 months, but I will forever have Mary in NJ as my name here on the WTM. I should have thought about that at the time. We loved our time in NJ, so I will mention that he may want to consider the governor's seat if he is not elected mayor! I think the governor's mansion in NJ is superb! I wonder if he would let his mom live with him in the mansion?

Edited by Mary in NJ
si

:lol:

It is funny how two people who are related can be so different. I think this same thing about my own family members all the time!

I hope you are all doing well!

Shannon!! Great to hear from you!

Yes, our other twin is delightful in his own realm. He is a very devoted basset hound owner and most of his thoughts revolve around his dog. He is the kid that can step up and start lending a hand right away. He just automatically knows how to strain the spaghetti for me, or grab the right wrench for his dad. He will bring me a fresh glass of iced tea before we get started for school. He is the one who reminds us that we only have 15 minutes before we leave for an appointment. He insures that the dogs have fresh water, food and outside play time. He worries that his sister will forget her diabetes supplies when we go out on errands. He is a very caring soul.

I'm blessed to have two boys that are as different as night from day.

How are you? PM me.