Menu

Does any one know if there is a maximum number of times one can be banned?

But yes, lately I have found myself asking how someone is even still here anytime I see their name pop up. :confused:

You all are driving me craaaaaazy. Who? Who? Who? I'm so out of it. Now I'll have to scroll through a bunch more threads. I thought I was seeing way fewer banned people than before.

Wait - I just had a thought. If I had these people on ignore, I wouldn't see that they're banned, right? Maybe that's it.

Hmmmmm. Now I'm SO curious.

snarky, rude, and hostile; when they indulge in gratuitous ad hominem attacks; and when they are, over a long period of time, consistently judgmental, condescending, and uncivil.

In most cases, posters--even the worst offenders--profess absolute ignorance of their violation.

Mostly we don't believe them.

Not disagreeing with you or how you run the board at all :D Just getting that out there!

BUT, I just wanted to say that I have the pleasure of being on a fairly large board dealing with a completely different subject, wholly unrelated to education or parenting, and there are a # of incredibly rude online people there whom I've actually met in real life, and they're completely different people.

I would never have believed these were the same folks. Sweet, polite, funny, non-confrontational, whereas online these folks are crabby cows.

There are some people who really ARE oblivious to their tone online; though I suspect a few are not so oblivious and just like to use the screen to release their inner angry person.

Either way, not saying bans are inappropriate etc because these folks are exhausting to deal with but I think there are people who really don't realize how obnoxious they are.

You all are driving me craaaaaazy. Who? Who? Who? I'm so out of it. Now I'll have to scroll through a bunch more threads. I thought I was seeing way fewer banned people than before.

Wait - I just had a thought. If I had these people on ignore, I wouldn't see that they're banned, right? Maybe that's it.

So we've piqued your interest?

;)

Nicole, hoping someone PMed you.

I tend to do this a little. I take my glasses off when I don't want people to see me, or at least recognise them. They are kind of blurry I can't recognise their faces anymore, so they won't recognise it is me in my swimmers at the beach right? I will put my glasses back on once I am safely wrapped in a sarong.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Works for me :D

Bill

As a complete side note, when my son was an infant, instead of saying:

"I see you"!

I would just just exclaim (in the bubbliest happy-daddy voice I could muster:

"OBJECT PERMANENCE!"

True story. People thought I was nuts :D

Now you can too :tongue_smilie:

Bill

I'm thinking some people get 9 lives, instead of 5.

So we've piqued your interest?

I read Bill's post. Actually read it, rather than skimming it and thinking 'huh? Bill must have meant to post this in another thread? What is Piaget doing here?'

And checked my ignore list.

And when I had my aha moment, then I pm'd 4kiddies to put her out of her misery.

As a complete side note, when my son was an infant, instead of saying:

"I see you"!

I would just just exclaim (in the bubbliest happy-daddy voice I could muster:

"OBJECT PERMANENCE!"

True story. People thought I was nuts :D

Now you can too :tongue_smilie:

Bill

:lol:

Bill, sometimes I get such a kick out of you! That sounds exactly like how my 17yo son talks to my 4yo son.;)