Menu

Where can I get a decent microscope?

delaney

We use the Brock Magiscope and bought it from Rainbow Resource. We bought the extra package that included the higher powered magnification. We've used it to see swimming protozoa (I think that's what we saw--has been a few months since it has been warm enough to actually be by the pond) in pond water so I think the magnification is pretty good. Plus it is easily portable since it doesn't require electricity.

I second the Brock. Many people here have bought it. The Sonlight microscope is one I've heard a lot of good things about too.

We use the Brock Magiscope and bought it from Rainbow Resource. We bought the extra package that included the higher powered magnification. We've used it to see swimming protozoa (I think that's what we saw--has been a few months since it has been warm enough to actually be by the pond) in pond water so I think the magnification is pretty good. Plus it is easily portable since it doesn't require electricity.

We have a Brock that we love too. They have a replacement policy that can't be beat, it's durable and portable, there are no wires or batteries to deal with, and it's so simple even my DD4 can use it. Usually the recommendations come down to the Brock (the best packages are RR) or Sonlight's microscope.

Whatever you get, don't forget slides and cover slips to go with it! We used Post-Its for a long time, but slides definitely work better :lol: