Menu

Best Educational Product or Item you have purchased

What age group are you looking for?

Some fun and educational games we've found have been SET and Quarto -- these are both thinking, logic games for ages six and up. Quiddler and Bananagrams are word games for about eight and up. Equate is a math game for about eight and up.

Regards,

Kareni

I am looking to get some information on the best educational products to purchase. I am looking for info on educational games, books, resources and more. Thanks in advance. Susan:001_smile:

Does this include curriculum? If so, I'd say RightStart Math (we have level A).

Also:

Royal Rescue & Castle Logix wooden puzzle games (single player logic games), by Educational Insights. Challenging for my 6 yr old, upper levels are challenging for me, and dd4 just plays with the pieces.

Does this include curriculum? If so, I'd say RightStart Math (we have level A).

Also:

Royal Rescue & Castle Logix wooden puzzle games (single player logic games), by Educational Insights. Challenging for my 6 yr old, upper levels are challenging for me, and dd4 just plays with the pieces.

My kids really enjoy Castle Logix too. My 4 yr old moreso than the 5 yr old (and it's his game). She can actually do the easy ones and some of the next level now. Another favorite is Clever Castle by ThinkFun

I'd have to say "Times Attack." I downloaded the free version just to check it out for the future, but my 7 yo son started playing with it and then just got hooked. So for Christmas we got him the full version and he has already completed all 12 levels in only about 2 months. And this is not a "mathy" kid. He even understands the times tables and has retained all the facts. I recommend this game to anyone trying to learn the multiplication tables.

Guest homeschoolfor3

For curriculum: Singapore math and Life of Fred, Science books by Joy Hakim

Games: Equate-a math game similar to scrabble, CD rom, cluefinders, grades 3-6+

Guest Virginia Dawn

The things I have used most in 18 years of hsing:

Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons

Phonics flash cards

Base 10 blocks

Wordly Wise

Explode the Code

Abeka Math- to 8th grade

Natural Speller

World Book Encyclopedia/ dictionary

Books and catalogs with book lists- WTM, Honey for a Child's Heart, Worthy Books Based on Historical Settings

The library

I'd have to say "Times Attack." I downloaded the free version just to check it out for the future, but my 7 yo son started playing with it and then just got hooked. So for Christmas we got him the full version and he has already completed all 12 levels in only about 2 months. And this is not a "mathy" kid. He even understands the times tables and has retained all the facts. I recommend this game to anyone trying to learn the multiplication tables.

My two boys do not like that game at all. It scares them.

Modeling clay...they all sorts of stuff with it.

Timez Attack, MUS, mini-trampoline, IEW, SOTW and library!! I totally agree.

Curriculum - starting TOG and love it.

Building Character bible study -fantastic

Favorite books - King George, What's His Problem, Two Miserable Presidents and Which Way to the Wild West (may have that title wrong) Very fun history books. My kids devour them and actually retain the info.

Science Verse - any book that has my 8 yr old running around the house clutching it with glee is a keeper.

Brainpop, cosmeo and funbrain for internet fun and learning.

FYI - This thread is BAD. Now have many things on my wishlist in Amazon. :)

Hi,

I have a daughter who will be seven, a son who is five, and another son who will be three. I am looking for anything educational books, curriculum, anything that you think added value to your life or homeschool life. Susan

An ipod and audio books! Both stories, like Greek myths, Robin Hood, etc, and memory work like foreign language vocabulary. It makes great use of time spent in the car.

I'm with Kai on MCT and Singapore supplemental books. Horizons Maths for a reluctant student.

But my all out winner is Mosdos Press's literature series.

I'm waiting not-so-patiently for my Mosdos materials to arrive. I have high hopes for them!