Menu

Has there been an update on the Duggar's last baby girl? I haven't seen anything

I keep googling this, so I can find out how she is doing. It doesn't seem that there is much in the way of statements, except, "She is doing about as well as expected." There isn't even a single thing on the Duggar site.

I really wish they would be more forthcoming. Perhaps they are trying to stay away from criticism so they can focus on the situation.

P.S. If you go to the TLC link, you can post a comment to them. Has anyone been there and seen the incredibly hateful things some people post there?! Seriously - even if you think they are bloomin' out of their minds to have 19 kids, who could be so base as to take time to post something hateful to a family in crisis!

P.S. If you go to the TLC link, you can post a comment to them. Has anyone been there and seen the incredibly hateful things some people post there?! Seriously - even if you think they are bloomin' out of their minds to have 19 kids, who could be so base as to take time to post something hateful to a family in crisis!

People with no class. I quit trying to find info about it for that very reason. I was so tired of reading all the garbage.

I keep googling this, so I can find out how she is doing. It doesn't seem that there is much in the way of statements, except, "She is doing about as well as expected." There isn't even a single thing on the Duggar site.

I really wish they would be more forthcoming. Perhaps they are trying to stay away from criticism so they can focus on the situation.

I've had two premature babies who had to spend time in the NICU. Both of mine were born much later (33 weeks) than the Duggar's baby and had very few health problems.

We found it incredibly hard to keep much "normal" life going at all during those times, and barely managed to keep close family updated on how things were going. We also didn't have a house full of other children to care for or arrange care for. :001_smile:

I'm not at all criticizing you for wishing they were more forthcoming. Since they've put their family in the spotlight, there's sort of an expectation that they should be helping people keep up with them. And I know a lot of us have a sincere desire to know so we can pray for them! I just wanted to point out that they might be so overwhelmed that they really can't deal with anything but the needs of their immediate family. For a couple who has so much energy and has always been able to arrange their life so well, this might be a real shock to their systems.

I agree with PP...having had a twin 29 weeker preemies myself, I know life in the NICU is day to day, moment to moment. The baby is doing great today, and then something develops the next day. Today they say he is able to keep his temp on his own, so he comes out of incubator, and the next day he has to go back in because it's too much of a struggle for him. Unfortunately we ended up losing one of our babies on his 11th day, when he was completely fine, actually better than his brother, and suddenly took a turn for the worse.

So I am sure that their life is completetly topsy-turvy, and just not what they are used to, so updates on the baby to the rest of the world is probably last on their mind.

The NICU journey is such a rollercoaster ride that they may be choosing not to mention how she is doing since it changes day to day. My 29 weeker was doing fine and then suddenly had to be put back in the incubater, have her stomach pumped, go over 10 days without any food, get a blood transfusion, etc. Ultimately she was fine and had nonsurgical NEC but frequently those downhills become much more serious.

I hope the baby is doing well, and am glad the family was able to temporarily move closer so they will have more time to be with the baby.

bosket1- I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of one of your twins. I was so thankful for when she came home as we could (mostly) stop worrying about something like that happening. It was scary to see how they could be doing so well only to have something happen so drastically that they couldn't recover from it.

I've had two premature babies who had to spend time in the NICU. Both of mine were born much later (33 weeks) than the Duggar's baby and had very few health problems.

We found it incredibly hard to keep much "normal" life going at all during those times, and barely managed to keep close family updated on how things were going. We also didn't have a house full of other children to care for or arrange care for. :001_smile:

I'm not at all criticizing you for wishing they were more forthcoming. Since they've put their family in the spotlight, there's sort of an expectation that they should be helping people keep up with them. And I know a lot of us have a sincere desire to know so we can pray for them! I just wanted to point out that they might be so overwhelmed that they really can't deal with anything but the needs of their immediate family. For a couple who has so much energy and has always been able to arrange their life so well, this might be a real shock to their systems.

I agree, it really is like being in a separate world where time passed differently.

I don't blame them for not updating, of course people are worried, but they need to focus inward atm.

I'm not at all criticizing you for wishing they were more forthcoming. Since they've put their family in the spotlight, there's sort of an expectation that they should be helping people keep up with them. And I know a lot of us have a sincere desire to know so we can pray for them! I just wanted to point out that they might be so overwhelmed that they really can't deal with anything but the needs of their immediate family.

I understand this, but it seems to me that being that they have a show that is on their behalf that there would be someone associated with TLC, or a friend - someone - who could offer up a little more info more often. I actually meant to search Caring Bridge for Josie Duggar, but I forgot.

bosket, I am so sorry about the loss of one of your twins. :angelsad2:

I too am anxiously awaiting some good news about their baby girl. Hopefully it will be coming soon. But I don't think there is anything to say when a baby is in that situation. Baby #3 and #4 were in the NICU for while and it was exactly like others have said. To say it is 2 steps forward and 1 step back doesn't come close to explaining it. There would be no point in giving an update because everything can change so fast.

I was looking for info right away but now I keep figuring that when they have something to say it will be so talked about that I couldn't possibly miss it.:)

Do you think these families know what they are getting into? I can't imagine going from "normal" to SO controversial and well known.