Menu

Gentle Reminder: Scarlett's Quilt - SPECS in here

Hi, all! :seeya:

A Gentle Reminder that February 1st is approaching.....if you are a "Scarlett's Quilt" contributor, please circle that date on your calender.

Kindly PM me if you need my mailing address.

To date, I have received three squares and I know that Rosie's square is enroute. :001_smile:

Thanks -- and let me or Cadam know if there are any questions. The specs are here if you need them.

SPECS:

Do not hesitate to contact either me or Cadam with any questions. Send your square to me: PM me for the mailing address.

If you have already 'signed up,' then your next step is to mail the square to me.

If you would like to sign up, please PM me or send me an email (majr0328@aol.com) so we know how many squares to expect.

Let's shoot to have these in by Feb. first so that Scarlett can have her quilt of new beginnings in the Spring, the time for new beginnings.:D

SPECS for ***SCARLETT'S QUILT***

The squares you send in should be 6.5 in / 16.5 cm

Leave a 1/2 in seam allowance with no decoration around the edge just to be safe. You do not need to finish the edges.

We are shooting for a rich earthy color scheme with reds and browns as a base. (and maybe even a little leopard print) Here are some examples for colors.

Broken Chair

Tork, Bridge to Hope

Echoes of Africa

Please sign your board name on your square. (no, not in washable marker!)

All squares should be cotton fabric and pre-washed.

If there is a story along with your square please include that as well.

Let's make a beautiful and happy quilt for Scarlett! Thank you everyone for your help.

Scarlett will post pictures when it is done and Cadam will post a reminder in January to get the squares in.

Thanks so much for your generous offers to make this for Scarlett.

THANKS!!!!!:) Mariann

Edited by MariannNOVA

Hmm. Mine's taking a while. Ah well, that's international post for ya!

So, how's it going, Scarlett?

:)

Rosie

Well, let's see. Still no final decision from the judge on property division. House is on the market, but there is still the possibility that XH can ask the judge to sell it on the courthouse steps and the judge has the power to order that. That is what XH wants because he is sure he will steal this house from me.

XH got an appraisal which I thought was very very low. Real Estate agent priced it EXACTLY where I thought it should be with no imput from me. So it is on the market. Got it listed around mid December and it showed twice during the holidays which apparently was unexpected. Neither brought an offer, but the RAs say it shows well and is a great house. So fingers crossed there. I really really want it to sell for even pennies above what XH is offering because I can't stand the thought of him having our family home. Ugh. I know I can't operate from a place of vengence, but it bites to think of it.

The bad news is that while the house is on the market XH doesn't have to pay alimony (only the house payment). I've slashed to the bone nearly--including ds's activities and have around $200 to eat on and put in the gas tank. That isn't enough of course, even as frugal as I can be. I applied for food stamps, but have to have the court order for proof of income and since the judge is holding the written degree in limbo, I can't provide that. They would accept something from XH saying he pays me X a month right now, but he refused to sign such a document. His tactic is that he thinks he can force me to sell to him because I have no money. He even threatened to cut off utilities that were in his name so that I would have to have them turned back on again and (he thinks but is wrong) pay deposits. My lawyer quickly shut him down on that threat...but you see what I'm dealing with.

It isn't likely the judge will order the house auctioned..he may only give me 3 months to sell it, but that will put me through mid March and that might do the trick.

Looking around for places I might buy. That is depressing and exciting at the same time....no one wants to leave behind a beautiful home for a smaller less beautiful one, but life goes on and I'm ready for it.

I have a man interested in me. He isn't of my faith, so I'm trying to be smart but the fact is it feels really really good to have someone be nice to me. Flowers! I haven't had flowers sent to me (by a man) in years.

My bed is still a source of irritation to me. I've considered moving to the guest room, but that is the set we were using when he slept with my cousin in our house....gag. I try to keep that info from all guests who stay with me. :tongue_smilie: My neighbor bought a gorgeous new bed and I can't wait until I get to move on and buy a new bed soon.

Oh, my sister came to see me! Don't know if any one you remember but this is a my long lost sister who I had only seen once when I was 15 and she was 11. She found me a year ago on Facebook and in 2009 we were able to see each other 3 times! February, June and December. How cool is that? This last time she drove up from Houston and brought her husband and all 4 children. She has one son 2 years older than ds9 and they look so much a like it is scary. The kids had a total blast together and I am so thankful she has come into my life even at this late date. Next trip will be ds and me driving to Houston to visit them.

This got long, so I'm sorry if any of you lost interest. Life is ok....parts of it are scary, but I'm doing ok.

Thanks for the update. You have been on my mind. Hope your house entanglement with the louse gets resolved soon!:001_smile:

:lol::lol::lol: It took me a minute, but then I realized that you were writing to Scarlett! :lol::lol::lol: I thought you were writing about the awful 'preferred contractor' that our insurance company is making us work with! And, I just came from the house and the electrician saw fit not to put any lights in the kitchen.:001_huh:

Mariann

:lol::lol::lol: It took me a minute, but then I realized that you were writing to Scarlett! :lol::lol::lol: I thought you were writing about the awful 'preferred contractor' that our insurance company is making us work with! And, I just came from the house and the electrician saw fit not to put any lights in the kitchen.:001_huh:

Mariann

ACtually, it was to Scarlett but i guess it applies to you and your louse of a contractor!:lol: I hope your mess gets resolved soon too!!

ACtually, it was to Scarlett but i guess it applies to you and your louse of a contractor!:lol: I hope your mess gets resolved soon too!!

Hee hee.....funny guys. I like your word for my XH and Mariann's contractor....louse. Perfect.

Tomorrow I'm cleaning house and getting ready for the open house ! Whoo Hoooo!!!!!

My house is being shown again today! Pray! (I think this is the first time I've ever asked for prayers! Guess I feel I know you all well enough now).

XH is still being a total jerk....AND he asked ds9 if he wanted to meet THE girlfriend...the one who along with XH broke up two families and damaged 4 children and her XH and me. Very hard week for me and her XH.

My house is being shown again today! Pray! (I think this is the first time I've ever asked for prayers! Guess I feel I know you all well enough now).

XH is still being a total jerk....AND he asked ds9 if he wanted to meet THE girlfriend...the one who along with XH broke up two families and damaged 4 children and her XH and me. Very hard week for me and her XH.

not only is that premature and IMMATURE, that is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE. Like your son wants to meet her?

I'm sorry I'm not taking part in your quilt. I tried to quilt once and.......... well my corners didn't match and I didn't want to mess up yours. But I love that the ladies are doing this for you.

I've followed your story, and I think it's a rotten shame. I pray your house sells!

not only is that premature and IMMATURE, that is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE. Like your son wants to meet her?

I'm sorry I'm not taking part in your quilt. I tried to quilt once and.......... well my corners didn't match and I didn't want to mess up yours. But I love that the ladies are doing this for you.

I've followed your story, and I think it's a rotten shame. I pray your house sells!

Weird thing is....I think ds does want to meet her. His curiosity is killing him. So hard to be the good person in this. So much I'd like to do and say to XH and The Girlfriend.

Yes, the quilt project is an awesome thing to do for me. I told my best friend and she got tears in her eyes!

SPECS for ***SCARLETT'S QUILT***

The squares you send in should be 6.5 in / 16.5 cm

Leave a 1/2 in seam allowance with no decoration around the edge just to be safe. You do not need to finish the edges.

Just to clarify (since I'm slow :)), the 6.5" measurement includes the 1/2" seam allowance?

Scarlett -- keep us posted about the house. And, I know from experience that a child will have a natural curiosity regarding the individual one of his/her parents is 'seeing.' And, yes, I agree that it is certainly premature, but if ds wants to meet the individual, it may aid in de-mystifying the person and 'normalize' the situation for ds. DS will draw his own conclusions, and form his own impressions - and you will be there to answer his questions, and be the sounding board for his thoughts. Meeting the person may actually be a relief for him as he will know and have a visual of this other person. You are in the position to keep this experience positive for your DS, and isn't that what everyone one of us in this situation has wanted.

Mariann

Weird thing is....I think ds does want to meet her. His curiosity is killing him. So hard to be the good person in this. So much I'd like to do and say to XH and The Girlfriend.

Yes, the quilt project is an awesome thing to do for me. I told my best friend and she got tears in her eyes!

I'm sorry. :sad: I guess you can't blame him for being curious, but it's a shame you both are in this predicament.