Menu

Favorite Pencil?

ubermomto5

My ds and I both love megabrands USA green pencils. We have plenty of other brands but we get into territorial pencil wars over these. We each have our own pencil cup and at least once a week there is a debate over who is the owner of said pencil. I keep a hidden stash and buy when I find them on sale. :D

Dixon Ticonderogas are one of my fav's as well however, I have found that good ole papermate wood pencils are really good. I do not personally go for mechanical because around my house pencils have a nasty habit of walking off to Neverland. I don't go to the expense of mechanical or even disposable mechanical. I buy, in bulk, the wood pencils at the back-to-school sales :)

I second these and smencils:)

:iagree: We bought a huge pack of the Ticonderogas at Costco about three years ago, and we still haven't gone through all of them. My kids totally buy into the "world's greatest pencil" hype. :D (Especially since before we got those we had gotten some of the cheapy back-to-school special pencils with lead that broke every 10 seconds.)

And they get Smencils in their stockings every year. The Smencils are hoarded and carefully guarded and last forever. Usually they get a couple of individuals, but this year each girl got a whole set of colored Smencils, and they were ecstatic. For the price, the color is great - unexpectedly vibrant!

Dixon Ticonderogas. I love that the erasers are big, because my 2 perfectionists will wear down some erasers before the pencil is sharpened three times. My husband gets cracked up that we can have pencils all over the house (various ones from a business, or cutesy ones from a treat bag) and we will hunt down our favorite plain, black ones.