Menu

New Year's Eve finger food request

We're basically doing the same thing! I plan on using some of the things I already have on hand, that didn't get completely used at our Christmas gatherings. I still have a Hickory Farms summer sausage that I will put out along with some brie and cheddar cheeses. I have a couple of packs of those little smokies from Hillshire Farms that I will do in a barbeque sauce with pineapple chunks. I'll make some dip and have chips and pretzels of course. Nothing too exciting, I know. Our biggest splurge is that we plan to get some take-out chicken wings since we haven't had those in a while. I will also pick up some stuff from the frozen section that the kids love, like pizza bites and potato skins, although I love the skins too! Anyway, I would love to hear some great ideas too, since I need to add a couple more items!

:lurk5:

This is a family favorite!

Cheese dip

1 pkg fine shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 8oz pkg cream cheese (softened)

1 envelope Hidden valley ranch mix

milk

hot sauce (optional)

Combine ranch and cream cheese, stir in shredded cheese and milk - add milk to your desired consistency, this can be thick to spread with a knife or thin to dip. Make it a little thinner than you actually want, it thickens when refrigerated. Add a few dashes of hot sauce. Make it as hot as you want or leave it out.

Chicken Queso Dip

14 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chile

1 pound Velveeta (if you like it a little spicy use the Mexican Velveeta)

2 chicken breasts, cooked, skinned, shredded

1/2 cup sour cream

1 packet taco seasoning mix

2 tablespoons minced jalapeno (optional)

1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed

Put everything except the black beans into the crockpot. Cook on high, stirring occasionally until cheese is melted and everything is hot (about 2 hours). Stir in the black beans cook about 15 more minutes. Serve it right from the crockpot to spoon over tortilla chips, Fritos, veggies, pita bread triangles, etc.

Deviled Eggs

Olive Bites (olives wrapped in a cheese-dough)

Pigs-in-a-blanket

Wrap Little Smokies in Crescent roll dough, then roll in parmesan cheese, bake at 400 for 12 - 15 min

Easy Liver Pate

1# Liverwurst

1/2# Cream Cheese

6 Bacon Strips, cooked, chopped very fine

1/2 onion, chopped very fine

2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce

Mix in food processor so it is really smooth. Serve with crackers.

I always like to include some vegetables -- esp at this time of year when people can get overstuffed.

cucumber slices with creme fraiche and a sprig of dill

snow peas with wasabi (or other) flavored cream cheese piped on -- piping is quick & looks elegant.

Belgian endive leaves with something -- blue cheese, crab salad

cherry tomatoes hollowed out -- filled with trout mousse or tuna salad

or just freshly cut veggies -- pepper sicks, carrot sticks, etc -- they look pretty if you stand each kind in a pretty glass & put the glasses on a tray.

Cream cheese put on a plate and covered with cocktail sauce and then a can of tiny shrimp sorta shredded up. If you're allergic you can skip the shrimp and just do cocktail sauce. It is soooo good on a Ritz cracker (or in our case Glutino crackers).

I also like cream cheese covered in pepper jelly served with crackers.

Can you tell I'm craving cream cheese?:tongue_smilie:

I made these this year for the first time. They were quite tasty. I used a third strip of turkey bacon (rather than a half strip of pork bacon).

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bacon-Wrapped-Water-Chestnuts-II/Detail.aspx

We also had:

meatballs

chicken nuggets (for kids)

spinach artichoke dip (for chips and veggies)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-Artichoke-and-Spinach-Dip-II/Detail.aspx

cut veggies

tortilla chips

strawberries