Menu

mom confession

Usually, I do remember that kind of stuff. And I think it's a pretty amazing feat. But when the birth certificate lady walked into my room with baby #4, the conversation went something like this:

lady: what's the baby's birth date?

me: April 23rd?

lady: I don't think so

me: umm, August 22?

lady: [looks at me]

me: no, that's not right. It was yesterday. What was the date yesterday?

lady: August 23rd.

me: ok, that's the date then.

lady: time of birth?

me: umm... 4:24?

lady: let me see her card. [all the important info was on a card on the bassinet] It was 4:34

me: oh, that's right

lady: attending physician?

me: uhh, it was the midwife...

lady: Dr T. is written here

me: yes, but it was her midwife...(couldn't remember her name)

lady: Dr. T.

me: ok

Why was this lady even bothering to ask me anything? I'd just had a baby. Geesh. :lol:

If I had been visiting you when this bozo came in I'd have bounced her. :glare:

Oh, yeah. BTDT.

Doc, "What kind of hobbies do you have?"

Me, "I play video games and visit an online forum."

Doc: :glare:

*snort coffee* points for honesty.:tongue_smilie:

I remember that my first was 2 weeks to the day o/d and second was 2 weeks to the day early. first was 7.11 second at 11:59 am. Second was 8 even, don't remember the time. Both were thursday children.

3rd was wednesdays child who has far too go - ended up a c/s at 8 and 1/2 pounds

4th was born on his due date, a thursday. That all I remember bc the ob and I argued over whether I was in labor and he said he doubted it b/c something like fewer than 5% are born on their actually due date.

5th - remember nada even tho she was my first girl. don't remember the date, weights, just that it hurt. a lot. but not as much as my first! And that the ob had to be yelled at by the nurse to quit doing his paperwork in my rocker with the hospital table bc the baby was crowning.

6th - completely totally uneventful. nada on stats. We nicknamed him Sunshine for his constant smile.

7th - pain. lots and lots of pain.

8th - easiest delivery of the last few, but needed oxygen. all I remember is gratitude to God.

9th - 10 pounds after first pee at 2 weeks o/d. good heavens I still look at her head in wonder and pain. half joking.

LMP? huh? what's that? ;) Hey doc, I don't have those. I have babies. Haven't you been paying attention?

Exercise? Mom of 9 living off a coffee high.

Hobbies? I love books! I love learning whatever interests my kids too. Keeps you young, imo.

Of course, it never gets to that point since none of them do VBACs!:leaving:

:)

No, joke! My husband asked me where his slippers were, about 20 minutes after I'd had a baby in my house. Honey, I'm sorry, I haven't been thinking about your slippers for the last 8 hours or so. I've been focused... you know... on other things. I hope you can forgive me.

LOL! About an hour after I had a baby at home, my husband asked me if I could help the two-year-old get shoes on. The two of them went to school (where XH worked) that day. Before I could respond, "newborn learning to latch?!" the midwife, with her own four-month-old asleep in a sling, volunteered to help the 2yo get those shoes on.

30 weeks 4 days with my twins (one month and 5.5 months in NICU)

36 weeks 5 days with my singleton (but I can never get her birthday straight- it's either the 22nd or the 24th) (no NICU)

Currently 36 weeks 3 days with my son.

Can't remember my anniversary, and know my husband's birthday is either on the 9th or 12th of March.

• 2 months later...
I can't tell you how many times this year I've referred to my four-year-old as a three-year-old. I think it's because I was sick and missed his birthday party. That's where I'm placing the blame, anyway.

DD will be perpetually 10, older ds will be 6 forever, and my youngest will remain 3.................... I'm stubborn like that ;)

I will be thirty in July. The only reason I can remember that is because I was born in 80. It makes the math for my age simple. The kids had to be all unusual (96, 01, 06) and that means my poor aged brain just can't keep up :p

I have always loved having been born in '80! Things are so easy to figure out. My mom was born in '50, and her father in '20, so we have a pattern going! To keep up with it, though, I need to have a kid this year.:glare::001_huh: I don't even have a man though. lol

I have always loved having been born in '80! Things are so easy to figure out. My mom was born in '50, and her father in '20, so we have a pattern going! To keep up with it, though, I need to have a kid this year.:glare::001_huh: I don't even have a man though. lol

:lol: That could make things difficult ;)

If anyone wants to know what our girls weighed or how long they were, they need to ask my dh. I do not remember. I've found myself actually thinking on my middle's birthday - June or July. It's July, of course, but it's taken me a few seconds on occasion.

I totally blame twins at the age of 40 and not sleeping for more than a couple hours at a time for the next three years.