Menu

Clothes that fit American Girl dolls but that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Hey, I just asked this question a few weeks ago :D.

You only have a week, so you'll probably have to shop local. Two stores I know of that sell 18" doll clothes are Target and Michael's. My dd hasn't rec'd hers yet, but just from looking at them in the store, my dd9 definitely prefers the Michael's clothes. They aren't going to match AG quality, but they aren't anywhere near AG prices, either. You get decent quality and cute little clothes for the price, imo. Even more so if you use a coupon.

If you go to Target, be aware that the shoes don't fit AG dolls very well. So don't get the shoe collection, no matter how cute it is :crying:

We like Michaels (we use the 40 % off coupon, too). we really like their accessories (like the ice skates). The target stuff is of various quality. We do really like the wardrobe for available from Target. It's around $40 and very sturdy! http://www.target.com/Battat-Our-Generation-Wooden-Trunk/dp/B000H3AWDK/sr=1-17/qid=1261270178/ref=sr_1_17/191-8080105-9989033?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Aour%20generation&page=1

For those interested, my mom sews doll clothes. She sells them VERY INEXPENSIVELY -- most outfits are between $7-$10 each. She doesn't do it to make money -- it's basically just her creative outlet. She's very creative with the stuff she makes.

Email me privately if interested. If you contacted me before, please do so again and I can update you.

TIA -- did we happen to communicate about clothes a LONG time ago? If so, please email me!!

Thanks,

Angie

http://www.dollsclothes-emilyrose.com/

They ship quickly, and the quality is excellent. I've ordered from them twice. The first time I got a jeans & 3 t-shirt set ($12) and a bunch of shoes to go with the outfits I made. I just placed my second order on Tuesday, and the package came on Friday. I bought 3 outfits. All of them were excellent quality. They charge $5.99 shipping for unlimited outfits, and they have an Emily Rose club you can join for free where they send you an e-mail with the Deal of the Week, which is always a different outfit at a steep discount. The one in the order I just got was $10 off the outfit, so I think I got it for $12. Oh, the clothes are all packaged nicely too. Every outfit you buy comes in a little white box with tissue paper inside, much the same way the AG outfits are sold. If you are on Facebook you can become a fan of their site. They sometimes post specials there that they don't advertise to the general public.

HTH!