Menu

Retail's finest:

I took my three girls (and myself) clothes shopping last night. After I had selected 12 articles to try on I asked the young man working at the store for a fitting room. He looked at my clothes and asked, "Are you planning on buying any of them or will I just have to hang them all back up?"

Sarcastically I replied, "Would you like to see my bank account before I try them on?"

He snickered and said no. Now keep in mind, he still has not made any steps to unlock the dressing room. Then, he continues, "There is a maximum of six items in the fitting room and if you're not going by any then I don't want to have to rehang the clothes; they all have to be put back out on the racks a certain way and it makes me job hard." <insert fumes from me>

At that point, I was done in the store. My children had already picked out 10 items to buy, and I was about to add to that number (if I liked anything I tried on). We had a nice-size pile at the register.

I told the young man that his tone and comments were rude and uncalled for. He just shot himself in the foot because we were four customers shopping. I put all my things down and told the girls it was time to go. :auto:

I took my three girls (and myself) clothes shopping last night. After I had selected 12 articles to try on I asked the young man working at the store for a fitting room. He looked at my clothes and asked, "Are you planning on buying any of them or will I just have to hang them all back up?"

Sarcastically I replied, "Would you like to see my bank account before I try them on?"

He snickered and said no. Now keep in mind, he still has not made any steps to unlock the dressing room. Then, he continues, "There is a maximum of six items in the fitting room and if you're not going by any then I don't want to have to rehang the clothes; they all have to be put back out on the racks a certain way and it makes me job hard." <insert fumes from me>

At that point, I was done in the store. My children had already picked out 10 items to buy, and I was about to add to that number (if I liked anything I tried on). We had a nice-size pile at the register.

I told the young man that his tone and comments were rude and uncalled for. He just shot himself in the foot because we were four customers shopping. I put all my things down and told the girls it was time to go. :auto:

And I would definitely be making a phone call to the store's manager. There are many, many people who'd be happy to have his job, I'm sure. He obviously doesn't need it. Whew.

Wow, unbelievable....

Good for you! I was thinking that I would have calmly set my pile of items down on the nearest chair/desk/floor and said, "Okay, buddy. Have it your way." A call to management is in order. What a twit that guy was!

Although I would've been tempted to remove every item from it's hanger or unfolded it, set the pile down calmly, and then walked off.

I agree with calling.

Although I would've been tempted to remove every item from it's hanger or unfolded it, set the pile down calmly, and then walked off.

I agree with calling.

Yes, this. THEN I would have asked him to find his manager for me. Right then.

A call is certainly in order. This young man was not trained properly at all.