Menu

Boys pajamas for cold winter nights

Currently it's minus 1 outside and ds 14 and 11 turned the heat up to 73. Yikes! It's cold but they need to put something warm on! Does anyone have a good source for warm pajamas? I'd like to buy them for

Christmas eve or before. The 11 year old is a little easier to buy for, as my 14 is size 14 or 16 depending on the fit. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Carol

I buy the cheap flannels from JC Penny or Costco for ds. He started in a small mens after size 12 kids. He has sweats for really cold nights at a friend's who turn the heat down low. A long robe for the time after pjs and before bed helps, or an over-sized thick hoodie. Keeping something on the feet is important too. A pair of full slippers or warm wool socks (naturally antibacterial so they don't have to be washed every day) really make a big difference.

Turning back the bed covers does help to warm the sheets to room temp. Throwing a blanket in the dryer can help to warm cold bones. :0)

I buy the cheap flannels from JC Penny or Costco for ds. He started in a small mens after size 12 kids. He has sweats for really cold nights at a friend's who turn the heat down low. A long robe for the time after pjs and before bed helps, or an over-sized thick hoodie. Keeping something on the feet is important too. A pair of full slippers or warm wool socks (naturally antibacterial so they don't have to be washed every day) really make a big difference.

Turning back the bed covers does help to warm the sheets to room temp. Throwing a blanket in the dryer can help to warm cold bones. :0)

Tap, thanks. My 14 has hoodies too, I can't get home to put on

a robe though. My sons feet get cold too and he will sleep with socks on, the only one in the house who does. The flannels you get from jc Penney and costco, are they just bottoms or a set? Carol

Tap, thanks. My 14 has hoodies too, I can't get home to put on

a robe though. My sons feet get cold too and he will sleep with socks on, the only one in the house who does. The flannels you get from jc Penney and costco, are they just bottoms or a set? Carol

Just the bottoms. I usually find them for about $10 a pair or less. He doesn't sleep in a shirt, so the hoodie or robe is all he has on the top.

He really likes the micro-fleece ones too. He is more likely to wear those for hanging around or for school, but for sleeping he wears flannels. He gets really hot while he sleeps. I buy the micro-fleece at places like Ross or TJ Maxx.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

It's just the thought of sleeping in long underwear you wear all day just seems yucky. :)

Sorry, I realize I wasn't clear in my previous post - what I meant was, if it bothers you to have your kids wear the same clothes, then buy those thermal undergarments and just wear them at night. Not wearing the same day pair and calling them PJs, but actually have a fresh pair waiting for them.

But for me, if my kids don't also bathe and change their underwear (by which I mean panties type thing), I don't see the difference.