Menu

Special alert for my science geek brethren!

Just looking at that picture brings back so many memories! My dad is a retired research biologist and always, ALWAYS carries one of these in his pocket along with his Swiss Army knife. And he was forever pulling it out to show us nifty neato stuff in the everyday world around us. Bugs, lichen, odd little veins in leaves, mineral crystals, animal bones, pizza...you name it, we've looked at it through dad's hand lens. And it came in really handy for seeing tiny little splinters while he dug them out of my grubby little fingers, too, as I recall.

This looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for the link. Have you used it?

oh! I LOVE this!

I picked it up a a thrift store. It's more about science *literacy* than just remembering facts and lists. i don't use it on a daily basis, but it makes a great resource to have anyway.

I noticed the loupe on amazon reviews at 10x instead of 30x, but according to Private Eye 10x is all you really need, and that's still a great price.

You might be interested in the curriculum The Private Eye which uses a loupe.

This looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for the link. Have you used it?

I'm glad Peek a Boo answered with some first hand experience. I read the book at one time from cover to cover. I just never got around to incorporating it! If only there were more hours in the day ....

Regards,

Kareni