Menu

A funny in the middle of all our sadness.

We were looking at pictures today to find some shots of my mom to bring to the funeral home for display. It was great to see my kids when they were little. I had forgotten how cute they were. When we commented on this to ds13 and jokingly asked him "What happened?" He then quipped "Experience has made me bitter and cynical!" :lol::lol:I almost fell off my chair. Laughter is definitely therapeutic. Good ole Calvin and Hobbs to the rescue.

Off to bed before I have to face the mountain of decisions tomorrow.

That is great. It is definitely needed. When we went to my Dad's house to get his clothes to be buried in, we started laughing about these Homer Simpson boxer shorts that my nephew bought my Dad. My Dad was a huge jokester and he got such joy out of laughing at those boxer shorts. My siblings and I immediately knew that Dad needed to be buried in those boxers under his suit. It was a total private joke between him and us but it was just what we all needed. I pray for you and your family for the strength that you need to get through the next few days.