Menu

How often do your (younger) kids bathe?

My girls bathe twice a week, generally, although some weeks it might be once, and some weeks it might be 3-4 times or more, depending on what we were doing. We're not outside a heck of a lot, unfortunately, so that cuts down on the dirt and grime. Plus, it's comfortably cool or cold here most of the year, so not too much sweating going on. When they were in diapers, they got nightly baths, but after a certain point, the baths stopped relaxing them and started revving them up before bed (I know that's weird), so we fell out of the nightly habit.

Edited by melissel
Inaccurate memory, LOL!

You could wipe him up between baths and he'd look just fine. My 7 roam around on 10 acres, yet a hands and face washing along with clean PJs cleans them up just fine.

My first thought is "maybe". Maybe you are right.

Then I start calculating the line where "hand-washing" ends and where "face-washing" begins. And where foot-washing becomes leg-washing, and leg washing becomes never-you-mind washing.

And I figure he's taking a bath, or a shower with Dad. It's not cold here, and that could be a big factor too.

Bill

Then I start calculating the line where "hand-washing" ends and where "face-washing" begins. And where foot-washing becomes leg-washing, and leg washing becomes never-you-mind washing.
One can "hose-down" a child without washing. We try to minimise the use of soaps and shampoos that strip oils from the skin and hair... of course as I said earlier, the point is moot for us because the girls have to wash chlorine off after the pool... though I'm trying to convince our community centre to shift to a salt water pool.

My first thought is "maybe". Maybe you are right.

And I figure he's taking a bath, or a shower with Dad. It's not cold here, and that could be a big factor too.

Bill

To me a shower or bath is easier than determining that stopping point....

If my son had skin issues I'm sure I'd have to reconsider.