Menu

If you own a Wii Fit how often do you/ does it get used?

Someone in the house is playing wii fit or the second version about every other day. I honestly prefer EA Sports 30 day challenge and use the board with it. My kids like the 30 day challenge as well but tell me their Heart "hurts" when they do it. I guess it gets them moving more than the "Wii Fit".

Oh and we got the wii for Christmas last year from my brother and the Wii Fit in May for my birthday. That may tell you that the novelty has not died ...

Purchased it for Christmas last year. I used it daily for 2-3 months. Now I try to use it for at least one workout per week, and do my regular exercise tape two times that week, but do use the Wii Fit graphing to recording my other workouts and do the body test to check weight.

The kids use it on and off.

Erica in OR

I am on it, or try to be 5 times a week and there are noticeable improvements in my posture, muscle tone and weight. Plus, I can bend over and tie my shoes for the first time in years without discomfort!

I add the EA active for 30-60 minutes too for serious resistance work and cardio.

Both dds enjoy it as well.

I'm curious, if you have a bad knee that will swell up at a wrong twist, that you can't really job/run with, but walking is usually fine (unless it's swollen up of course), can you still exercise with WII Fit? I need something to do and I really have thought about this, but I dont' want it to be a waste of money.

We got ours last January. While I would love to say I use it a lot - I don't. It isn't because of the product though. It is because I am lazy when it comes to exercise. When I actually do use it, I always love how I feel after and enjoy the workout. My kids use it at least once a week if not more. I plan on getting the upgrade cd because my kids will definitely use it even if I don't get to it as often as I like. I am going to get there one day! I am also thinking about getting the Active one. We don't really have a ton of games for our Wii, but the ones we do get - I try to make the active type.

We LOVE ours...got it last Christmas. My girls do 10 minutes each morning before school to get going. I do a 20 minute combo of stepping, hula hoop and boxing 4-5 mornings a week in my jammies! It's great. I, too, have noticed a big improvement in my balance and posture. I have a weak knee that has been strengthened by consistency. I recently got the Wii Fit Plus, too, and it has a lot of new fun things for the kids like juggling and bicycling.

DD11 uses it once or twice a week for PE type activity. We use it when she doesn't feel like doing traditional school. I figure, for the price, it is a much better bargain, than her taking a class or two throughout the year just to get some basic fitness activity. We live in the PNW so it isn't always feasible to play outside.