Menu

IS it possible to find a treadmill for under $1000 that's not junk?

I've got an Image from Walmart (actually, I got it used from Craigslist, but they're sold at Walmart). I've used it almost every day for 2 years (jogging & walking) and it's still going strong.

When I was researching, I found that this treadmill was recommended if you didn't want to pay $1000+.

http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Treadmill-Reviews/Treadmill-Review-Brand-Index

I used this website five years ago when purchasing my treadmill. It has reviews for different price ranges. We bought a Trimline treadmill which is part of the Nautilus company. My dh and I have been faithfully using ours for the past five years and have only had one problem with it that was easily fixed.

I got my proform from walmart 6 years ago and I use it just about every day. It's not as nice as the ones in the gym but it still works well. I believe we paid aroun $400 for it. However if you have $1000 to spend on one I'd get the best one you can find for the $ you have to spend.

We recently purchased one from Costco. It is a Nordic Trac Commerical and is actually pretty good. I think it was around $800. However, I don't know how long it will last?

We also have one of these. It is our third treadmill (the first two were no good) and we LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It holds up great to my husbands marathon runs and maxed out speed sprints and my near everyday usage of sprint/jog training. We have had it for nearly 2 years and think it is one of the best treadmills we have run on (cushioning, etc).

We went to Dick's and Costco (I'm not a member) and looked around. I see now that you can get some machines that my hold up for around $700, but the one at Costco for $899 was really sturdy.

I was hoping to not go over $800 and with tax and buying a membership fee that would be $1000 exactly. I'll keep looking for something gently used or on sale, but I may have to bite a bigger bullet.

I narrowed it down, but would have to order the one I really want, and it takes 5 weeks to get it. I need something right away to keep my fitness level up, so I went to the Play It Again Store in another town.

I found a nice treadmill for a few hundred dollars, and have been using it 2 days. The employees were extrememly knowledge and up front. I was impressed. They give a 90 warranty, which put me at ease about buying used, although the machine is in terrific condition. I highly recommend them for anyone else looking. Thanks for recommending them. :001_smile: