Menu

College Acceptances and/or Scholarships - Class of 2010

creekland

My dd was accepted this week at Stanford and Princeton ...

Even better, for those who know me from WTM, is that my husband found a new job after a very long and worrisome eight-month search....

The schools she's most interested in attending also provided us with the best need-based financial award packages.

Now we're making travel plans to visit her top three colleges...

~Kathy

Congratulations on all! And happy travels! May she find the best place for her!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy for you all!!

Even better, for those who know me from WTM, is that my husband found a new job after a very long and worrisome eight-month search.

:hurray: That is wonderful!!!!! (btdt after 9-11)

We'll have a fun time in April watching her make up her mind.

:party: You all have so many reasons to celebrate! Congrats!

My dd was accepted this week at Stanford and Princeton, & wait-listed at Swarthmore. Needless to say, we're still in a state of shock and happiness for her.

~Kathy

GREAT!!! My ds was just rejected by Vanderbilt (a long shot to be sure) and University of the Pacific - they, along with V. , wrote they had over 20,000 applicants!!!!!

So he was accepted (and scholarshipped*) at 9 of the 11 places to which he applied. We wrote a letter pleading for more aid to one school - once we hear back we will know if ds is going there** or to the school that offered enough aid to go below the EFC. I am so glad this is almost over!!!!!

* I love making up words.

** per suggestions here, we included in the letter the fact that the other school had offered more ... since the schools are rivals.

My dd was accepted this week at Stanford and Princeton, & wait-listed at Swarthmore. Needless to say, we're still in a state of shock and happiness for her.

Even better, for those who know me from WTM, is that my husband found a new job after a very long and worrisome eight-month search. After wondering all year long whether or not we'd be able to afford college at all, it now looks like dd can make an informed choice without worrying too much about the money.:). The schools she's most interested in attending also provided us with the best need-based financial award packages.

~Kathy

Oh Kathy, I am so happy for your family! What wonderful news all around!

Congratulations to your daughter! What a relief for your husband (and you). Quite a silver lining in those clouds!

Jane (who is also waiting for decisions to be made)

[quote name=Even better' date=' for those who know me from WTM, is that my husband found a new job after a very long and worrisome eight-month search.

Now we're making travel plans to visit her top three colleges...she really is torn between a few. All through high school she has wanted to go to MIT, but around last November, she started having second thoughts about what she'd have to give up at a tech school (she loves the classics, Latin, art, dance), so she added in a more well-rounded college or two at the last minute. now those colleges are serious contenders!

/QUOTE]

Good news for your whole family! We too have gone thru the job thing about 3 years ago. I cannot imagine both college search and job search stress simultaneously in the home.

My son is coming to the decision that he is a more well-rounded student with many interests as opposed to just the techie guy ... part of me is glad to know he realizes that too. I see his decision on the horizon.

Sharing in your joy!

Susie

Thank you all so much!!

It's been a real roller-coaster ride this year with dh's job search and dd's college application process all coming at once, and we feel very blessed at how it's all finally working out. Like Susie's son, I think that my daughter is coming to a realization that a broader-based education is right for her, but she needs a few more weeks to come to terms with that choice.

Now off to organize these final campus visits...I'll let y'all know how it comes out:)

Good luck to everyone else in the process. I hope your children find their own perfect fit somewhere and that the finances work out, too.

~Kathy

Edited by Kathy in Richmond