Menu

Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

1 of the shooters is dead, the other two are custody. They were soldiers themselves. The name of the shooter who was killed as been released.

The suspected gunman was identified by ABC News as Major Malik Nadal Hasan.

The shooter was killed and two other suspects, who are also soldiers, have been apprehended, Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone said.

Guest Cindie2dds
1 of the shooters is dead, the other two are custody. They were soldiers themselves. The name of the shooter who was killed as been released.

The shooter was killed and two other suspects, who are also soldiers, have been apprehended, Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone said.

How sad! :grouphug: for the families.

This is a local television station.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/69305427.html

There is still not alot of confirmed information available yet. The army has not released any official information since shortly after the shootings. There is supposed to be a press conference at 7:15Pm CST, but that has been pushed back since 5:30 so who knows when that will happen.

The shooter was a psychiatrist. It's being reported that the other suspects have been released.

THe shooter is a psychiastrist but he is not dead, just wounded and in stable condition. Too bad.

Nah, I think it's better this way. Death would have been the easy way out. This way we get to question him more and make him face his crimes.

The really creepy part though is that I saw a photo of him, and he looks familiar. I was at Walter Reed for awhile, I think the same time he was, so I might have seen him around :001_huh:

THe shooter is a psychiastrist but he is not dead, just wounded and in stable condition. Too bad.

I'm wondering if he was wearing a vest. The MP (I'm assuming it was an MP) shot him 4 times (!), and I seriously doubt she was shooting to wound.

a

There is an interesting blog post about how you can't catch PTSD here. It has a LOT of cuss words in it (written by a former soldier who doesn't mince words), so don't click if you will find that offensive.

However - it is the best description of PTSD I've ever read.

a

Operative concepts from the blog and in my opinion spot on. The creature who murdered his fellow soldiers is a pathetic traitor and if there is any justice will soon receive the death penalty.

"I’m more than a little angry right now. Yes, I’m irate that some &*& Major (“&*&” is often used as a technical term in the Army) opened fire on a group of his fellow Soldiers killing 12 and wounding 30. But that’s not even what is under my skin right now. What is bothering me is the general reaction of our media and those stupid enough to think this was not an act of terrorism, but was caused by supposed PTSD caused at Walter Reed Army Medical Center......

In order to actually have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, you have to go through some sort of traumatic event(s) to have “post stress.” Can therapists be emotionally troubled by the things they hear from patients? Yes. But you cannot catch PTSD from someone. It's not the $%$ swine flu.

I cannot tell you how angry I am right now as a former patient of Walter Reed. It is an absolute ^&*^& slap in the face for people to use his time there as an excuse for what he has done. It is an absolute &^& slap in the face for all the wonderful people there who help soldiers every single day. Some of the most kind, caring, and noble people I have ever met in my entire life work at Walter Reed Army Medical Center day in and day out helping wounded Soldiers like me.

To fallaciously say this guy has PTSD from his time at Walter Reed as an excuse for opening fire on a group of innocent Soldiers is beyond reckless. It's an absolute slap in the face for every caregiver and every wounded warrior who ever set foot on Walter Reed Army Medical Center."

Edited by pqr