Menu

Ever get an infected tastebud?

I have one now and I really just want to CUT MY TONGUE OFF!!! This only happens...maybe once every couple of years, but seriously, what causes that? It's so weird and uncomfortable.

As an aside, and meaning no harm to anyone here with tongue piercing, but how can anyone stand that? I feel like my tongue is ten inches thick. Can't imagine provoking that on purpose.

I have one now and I really just want to CUT MY TONGUE OFF!!! This only happens...maybe once every couple of years, but seriously, what causes that? It's so weird and uncomfortable.

As an aside, and meaning no harm to anyone here with tongue piercing, but how can anyone stand that? I feel like my tongue is ten inches thick. Can't imagine provoking that on purpose.

I get these, too, about once every few years. They are miserable. I'm sure this is the not the recommended treatment :D , but I scratch the whole thing off with my fingernail. It leaves a little sore that then heals very quickly. Otherwise it takes forever to go away.

I get these, too, about once every few years. They are miserable. I'm sure this is the not the recommended treatment :D , but I scratch the whole thing off with my fingernail. It leaves a little sore that then heals very quickly. Otherwise it takes forever to go away.

:smilielol5: that must hurt terribly! Do you look like this when you're done? :drool5:

I get them too. No, they're not a canker, it's really just ONE swollen, infected tastebud! They hurt!

Anyone ever try to burn them off? :scared:

Oh yes, I get about one of these a year. They hurt so much and are so disruptive that I usually end up sanitizing a pair of fingernail clippers and nipping it off.:001_huh: Hurts like a son of a gun, but it's better than a week of having it around!

:eek::eek::eek: wow! You're brave! I'm too big a wimp!

I just let it heal on its own, but I can't do this though until it's gone: :001_tt2:

I'm sorry. I'm so giddy tonight. :lol:

Oh, wow, I'm so glad I have company! :D And let me just tell you what - the things you can discover in ten minutes when you Google a strange phrase like "infected taste buds". Apparently, these also sometimes go by the funny, but well-described "tongue zit" or in the south, "lie bumps", which you naturally get by telling a whopper. Wonder if the old wife who started that one had tongue zits? :lol:

I'm going to try Alum. I have some of that.

I have a high tolerance for pain...but you guys are freaking me out :D

Bill

Whilst my doctor was giving me an injection in the elbow, he was talking about how his male patients would be whimpering by now. He just thinks that women (whether they have given birth or not) have higher pain thresholds to help them deal with childbirth.

Laura

:iagree: I do the exact same thing.

I get those once in a blue moon. Every time I end up seriously considering ripping it out with tweezers, or burning it off, or scraping it off with a razor blade... ANYTHING.

Instead, I end up using lots of lysterine, some peroxide, brushing my tongue like a mad woman and eventually it goes away.

:lol: I should've read the responses first. I'm so cutting it off next time (now that I know it won't have long lasting adverse effects).

Oh yes, I get about one of these a year. They hurt so much and are so disruptive that I usually end up sanitizing a pair of fingernail clippers and nipping it off.:001_huh: Hurts like a son of a gun, but it's better than a week of having it around!

THANK YOU BOTH! I will keep this info and it will shorten my misery next time.

:grouphug:

Whilst my doctor was giving me an injection in the elbow, he was talking about how his male patients would be whimpering by now. He just thinks that women (whether they have given birth or not) have higher pain thresholds to help them deal with childbirth.

Laura

Well of course I meant for a man. :D

Bill