Menu

Netflixers: I'll be home alone Friday. What should I watch?

My husband and daughter go out to a football game on most Fridays and I usually find a thing to do. This week I think I'll stay home and watch a movie.

What do you recommend from Instant Download?

I liked (in no particular order) North and South; My Cousin Vinney; A Wednesday; Run, Lola, Run; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; The Dick van Dyke Show; Lilies of the Field; Stir of Echoes; Dragonfly; Saints and Soldiers; Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont; 1776; Harper's Island (but I blush to admit it); Jericho; Rough Science; and almost anything Shakespear . . .

just to give you an idea.:tongue_smilie::lurk5:

Any good titles for Friday?

One of my favorite, laugh-out-loud movies is Waking Ned Devine. It is completely hilarious! :lol: I don't know if you can instant download it, but it's worth ordering if it's not too late.

I don't know if it is or not but that is one funny movie! Hilarious! I may just order that!

Thanks, I'd forgotten about it.

I don't know if it is or not but that is one funny movie! Hilarious! I may just order that!

Thanks, I'd forgotten about it.

I liked "The Painted Veil" since it sounds like you will be without kids. There is one scene in there that would not be appropriate for children IMHO.

Recently watched a couple of stand-up comedians on instant watch. They had Bill Cosby: Himself, an oldie but a goodie. I also really, really liked Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale. I tried to watch it with headphones at an airport while waiting to get on a plane, but had to turn it off when I started to look as though I was having a seizure trying to hold my laughing in.

Also liked Persuasion on instant watch although I'm always wishing it had captioning, for all that dialogue.

Erica in OR