Menu

All About Birds

Ok, Ladies my girls are crazy about birds right now so I am in need of any free resources for a bird study. Any ideas?

One town over I have a tropical bird rescue. Many towns now have them as people's finances decrease. Can your girls volunteer to help? You learn so much about them by being with them-you can see the differences in beaks, plumage, feathers, etc.

The Ohio DNR has some wonderful bird resources available for free for teachers. I think you can order them at 1-800-wildlife. I think you can also see one of the guides about Ohio songbirds online at http://www.ohiodnr.gov/Portals/9/pdf/pub414.pdf. They have a set of paperback field guides and also several audio cd's of all the bird calls to go along with the books.

Last February dd and I sat and listened to the summer songbirds sing while the snow flakes fell. It was so fun to close our eyes and let the songs bring us the sights and smells of summer.

don't forget enchanted learning :-)

in addition to the sites above....

My 8yos is doing a bird project for 4-H and I found this on another state's website:

http://www.lake.ifas.ufl.edu/4-h/Recordbksanimals/CagedBirds.pdf

It's amazing how much people will help if you're doing something as a 4-H project :)

He set up a fundraiser to get a parakeet, and ended up w/ three free keets and big cage!

don't forget enchanted learning :-)

in addition to the sites above....

My 8yos is doing a bird project for 4-H and I found this on another state's website:

www.lake.ifas.ufl.edu/4-h/Recordbksanimals/CagedBirds.pdf

It's amazing how much people will help if you're doing something as a 4-H project :)

He set up a fundraiser to get a parakeet, and ended up w/ three free keets and big cage!

I forgot all about enchanted learning. Thanks! Your other link didnt work. Keep the ideas coming. At this rate I'll have an entire nature study for free before we are done. Thanks Ladies!:D

I forgot all about enchanted learning. Thanks! Your other link didnt work. Keep the ideas coming. At this rate I'll have an entire nature study for free before we are done. Thanks Ladies!:D

hm.

try a google search for "4-H caged bird project" --maybe do an advanced search and restrict results to pdf files.

have fun!