Menu

PLAIN paper grocery bags?

I'd like to find plain brown paper grocery bags for a preschool craft at our co-op. All the stores I shop at have their advertising all over the bag. Does anyone know of a place I can get (or even purchase) plain bags?

Thanks!

You could call a couple of preschools or your local school/teacher supply store to see if they can point you in the right direction. My local teacher supply store actually uses plain brown bags to bag up larger purchases.

If you don't want to buy a bunch, you can try smaller ethnic or similar non-chain restaurants or grocers. They will often just use a plain bag instead of ordering the printing like the chains do. A smaller store may request that you buy them from them or ask several stores to each donate 5, so it isn't a burden on any one store.

Inside out usually works fine. I have cut or ripped the bag where it was glued and reglued the seams for projects that needed the bag intact.