Menu

So what makes you "follow" a blog?

I follow blogs of online 'friends' that I have more of a relationship with, friends IRL, and blogs with subjects that interest me. I like ones that show you how to do things, give you ideas, are funny, etc. I like some photo blogs, but that can get boring, especially when it's just different pics of the same people/person over and over and over. That's great for grandparents and such, LOL, but not my cuppa.

I like science blogs, and blogs where the blogger posts about 'deep' subjects.

I tend to follow blogs from people that have children near my kids' age, or ones that homeschool in a similar style to me. Basically if I find some common thread between their journey and mine I like to read their blog. I read Jessica's blog when she was homeschooling (trivium academy) because we have children the same age and I enjoyed reading about their day to day. I really like Jennefer's blog at Smooth Stones Academy - again, she has similar age children to me. I check nest of 3's blog occasionally cause she posts stamped cards and I used to enjoy stamping, so I like to look there.

ETA: I have always loved Rose's blog (dragons in the flowerbed) because she just always has interesting things to say. :) I miss her blog. I also check blogs from people using the same curriculum choices I use.

I like blogs where there are posts about the things that I am trying to do or incorporate into my homeschool. A lot of the blogs I visit regularly, I am not a "follower" and I don't post much. I am thinking about becoming a follower on a few that I do like to read on a regular basis.

:001_smile:

I dont do the 'follower' thing but I do have posts I like to look at. Some of them use the same schooling material as me so I will see what they are doing. I like to see how different everyone can be in learning the same thing.

I was surprised to have followers on mine, I don't even know them in real life but know quite a few that do check on mine regularly but are not followers. Mine is mostly for friends/family since they are all over the place but it's more for me. I can talk nonstop schooling and no one complains:)

What's the difference between following and bookmarking? I mean, I know how to bookmark, I would just assume following means you read it regularly.

You can sign up to get a blog's feed automatically sent to you - sometimes you'll be on someone's blog and see little photos of the people that are "followers" of that blog. I don't do that - I just bookmark and go look whenever I'm up for some time killing blog reading.:)

I follow many different blogs - ones that are interesting to me and I can learn from. I follow author, aspiring writers, book bloggers. The bloggers I follow are interesting, inspiring, humorous, have great spirit. The blogs I follow love to share, are very open, talkative and LOVE to comment. Have made quite a few virtual friends who would love to meet IRL.

Basically I follow blogs that take me out of my homeschool box since that I am most of the day.

Guest Virginia Dawn

The only blog I read regularly is one I saw linked on these boards: The Market Ticker, a political/economic one that I find extremely interesting.

If I regularly followed a bunch of blogs, I would never get anything done. Also, I guess I'm just not that keen on keeping up with the lives of people I don't know.

Thanks for your responses. I always find it interesting to discover why people do what they do!!

I tend to follow links from people's siggy on the board sometimes and almost always enjoy a blessing by reading what they are up to. Of course, I always spend way too much time reading and browsing.

Kristi-

I think one of the main reasons that you see a huge following on some blogs is that they do giveaways and one of the ways you can enter the drawing is to be a follower. I never follow a blog for this reason. I have had companies approach me to do giveaways for them, but have declined.

I follow a blog because I find them interesting, humorous, and/or informative. although a lot of blogs I frequent are written by homeschoolers, I tend to follow the blogs that focus primarily on something other than homeschooling. But I am in my 15th year of homeschooling, so I am at a point where I want to read about something else. :-)

What's the difference between following and bookmarking? I mean, I know how to bookmark, I would just assume following means you read it regularly.

If you bookmark, the blogger doesn't know you care. :D

If you "follow," the blogger feels like he/she has "peeps." :lol: