Menu

What's your favorite baked item using up bananas? recipe please?

Down South, everybody but me loved banana pudding (recipe on the Nilla Wafers box).

I like raw bananas only. I go to http://www.allrecipes.com for recipes using overripe bananas.

I make banana muffins or banana bread using the recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook, and the kids love both of them.

If you want me to copy the recipes here, I will. Just ask. I don't want to do all that typing if you aren't interested. It's no bother if you are interested, because I type around 100 words per minute.

RC

I've just been frying them up in butter and calling it a side dish.

You could maybe sprinkle a little curry powder or something over them.

I put them in bread pudding, oatmeal, pancakes.

Then there's always banana smoothies. Or banana peanut butter smoothies. (Yum!)

It's not exactly a baked item, but mine would be banana pancakes. They're better than banana bread, IMO, and much faster.

Dry Pancake Mix:

2 cups white flour

2 cups wheat flour

3 t baking powder

2 t baking soda

1 t salt

Sift together.

Mix two cups dry mix with 2 cups of milk (may substitute buttermilk, slightly soured milk, or substitute plain or vanilla yogurt or sour cream for half of milk), and 4 eggs. Sprinkle in a little wheat germ, nutritional yeast flakes, and/or ground or whole flax seeds if you like. Mash 2-4 very ripe bananas with a fork and add to the mix. Fry on griddle, turning when bubbles form on the top of the pancake. My kids like it when I add chocolate chips, but that's a little much for me. These are great with or without syrup.

Guest Lorna

Baked banana!

Seriously though.

Slice the bananas in half and then stick in pieces of chocolate. Wrap in foil and bake in a hot oven for fifteen minutes. Serve with cream.

This is my favorite. I make it as bread or muffins. We love banana pancakes too.

Banana Bread

Ingredients

½ cup plus 1 T maple syrup

1½ cups mashed banana (about 3 large)

2 eggs

2/3 cup oil

2 cups flour of your choice

1 1/4 teasp baking soda

2 teasp vanilla

½ teasp baking powder

½ teasp salt

½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional, but I always use them *slurp*)

Method

Preheat oven to 325.

Combine sugar, banana, eggs and oil. Add flour, baking soda, vanilla, baking powder and salt. Stir in nuts/chocolate chips until combined. Use some of the batter to make a few muffins and pour the rest into a greased loaf pan. Bake 60-70 minutes at 325, or until toothpick comes out clean. (Bake muffins for about 1/2 hour.)

You can actually use bananas' to replace eggs. I just tried this with brownies and yum. They really came out great other than that banana bread/muffins would go great here. no specific recipe I just google until I find something that looks intriguing.