Menu

What are you cooking for dinner?

It's Elle's turn to cook dinner tonight (with supervision, of course) so we're having:

Spaghetti with meatballs

green beans

garlic bread

She's got it easy because the sauce was made and frozen several weeks ago, as were the meatballs. All she has to do is heat them up. :)

Reheating leftovers from yesterday's yummy dinner (made by my fabulous dh!):

Moist, juicy steak

Roasted onion potatoes

Green beans

Ice cream sundae with toppings for dessert

Mmmmmm....!

Where's the icon with the fork and knife??

So, how did you do the turkey breast? Any seasonings, liquid? I have one in the freezer and have been contemplating if the crock pot would work for this.

I put mine in froze solid the night before I go to bed. No water. No seasonings because I use it all kinds of things after it is cooked. I tend to cook with little salt anyway.

But I am sure you could season it anyway you prefer.

It comes out nice and moist and tender and there is lots of juice for gravy or soup.

Crockpot lasagna! I needed something to be ready when we get home from soccer, the kids are always STAAAAARVING.

I cook some ground beef and ground pork with some onions on the stove, cook until meat is brown. Turn the heat down and add 3 or 4 (or 5...) cloves of crushed garlic, cook until you can smell the lovely garlic. Add 2 cans of crushed tomatoes and whatever seasonings you like; if you use Italian sausage instead of ground pork, you'll want to use less seasoning. Sometimes I add carrots, zucchini and/or eggplant when I cook the meat, sometimes I don't.

In a separate bowl mix 1 tub of cottage cheese, 1 egg, kosher salt and pepper, a little parsley, a cup of mozzarella cheese and some parmesan cheese (Firefox, why do you want Parmesan capitalized and not the names of the other cheeses, that makes no sense).

I break up the noodles into big chunks, then I put in some of the sauce, noodles, cheese, sauce, noodles, cheese, noodles, topping with sauce and putting some more mozzarella on top. Sometimes I add layers of baby spinach in there.

• 7 months later...