Menu

Happy Romantic Movies

HRAAB

Some of my all time favorite Romance movies that I put on when I need a pick me up or just because I want to feel that "falling in love" feeling all over again are:

Crossing Delancey (Amy Irving & Peter Riegert)

Cousins (Ted Danson & Isabella Rossellini)

Murphy's Romance (Sally Field & James Gardner)

Two Weeks Notice (Hugh Grant & Sandra Bullock)

Mr. Wonderful (Matt Dillion)

Maid Of Honor (Patrick Demsey)

Sweet Home Alabama (Patrick Demsey)

27 Dresses

It's not a great movie but much better than I thought it would be. The 27 dresses was the funny part.

ETA: Oh yeah, A Fish Called Wanda and Fierce Creatures. Fierce Creatures is tame compared to A Fish Called Wanda but I find it oddly endearing.

ETA: Moonstruck

Edited by LG Gone Wild

While you Were Sleeping--funny and sweet.

Sabrina--old or new version

Sense and Sensibility

Chasing Liberty -- kinda teenagerish, but light and funny.

Notting Hill (language alert and I shed a few sweet tears at the end...a good happy feeling)

I'll keep thinking...

Maid Of Honor (Patrick Demsey)

Now, personally, I just did not get this movie at all. She chose Patrick Dempsey :001_unsure: over Kevin McKidd :001_wub: . Color me confused. I realize I'm in the minority though, possible even a minority of one. All my friends liked it.

Last Chance Harvey- I rarely watch a movie twice, but did this one! Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson are FANTASTIC!

I really didn't like this movie. I love both those actors and thought they were wasted in this one. Ah, welll....to each her own...

However, this made me think of Love Actually. Language warning--it earns it's R rating honestly, but I liked this movie a lot.

No dying, drowning, cancer or anything like that. Happy romance. One that leaves you smiling for days afterward?

Janet

Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson. I have seen the movie at least 50 times and STILL the last 5 minutes make me cry because I'm so happy. No other movie has ever made me cry out of happiness before or since.

Completely innocuous and happy fluff: One Fine Day with Pfeiffer and Clooney and cute kids to boot.

Much Ado About Nothing

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

My very favorite romantic happy movie. :)

I also really like Strictly Ballroom, Say Anything, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

ETA: Once is really good too--and I love the soundtrack.

Edited by Caitilin

Putting in another plug for You've Got Mail. Romantic movies aren't my thing, but I love this one. Even my husband likes it, which is saying a lot.

If you like Tom Hanks (who doesn't?), That Thing You Do is wonderful as well. Not overtly romantic, but really adorable and upbeat. There's probably only one scene in the whole movie that isn't "good things happening to fun people"