Menu

What other jewelry symbolizes your college class besides a class ring?

We didn't purchase a class ring for dh when he finished grad school. It came up recently and he said he'd like one, but rings bother him. I looked at Jostens and Balfour (those are familiar names to me) about alternate "class jewelry" but they only offered rings for his university.

Any ideas? What other companies sell class jewelry? Surely there's some kind of pendant or tie pin or something . . . . don't you think?

I haven't ever seen an adult wearing a class ring, high school or college. Never in my life....is that odd? I have seen sports rings, those big ones for championships and such...but never a college grad ring.

Personally, I never worn my high school ring after high school....it's kind of a waste of money.

Now something to mark your alma mater, for college, I can see. Tie tac, cuff links, money clip...okay, totally see that.

I haven't ever seen an adult wearing a class ring, high school or college. Never in my life....is that odd? I have seen sports rings, those big ones for championships and such...but never a college grad ring.

Personally, I never worn my high school ring after high school....it's kind of a waste of money.

Now something to mark your alma mater, for college, I can see. Tie tac, cuff links, money clip...okay, totally see that.

While they aren't daily wear anymore the way that they used to be, I still see plenty of military officers wearing rings from service academies and other colleges with cadet corps. VMI grads especially used to make me laugh because they actually bought two rings, one gold dress ring and one that was (I think) steel that they referred to as their battle ring. Plus their rings were huge.

However, I think that a tie bar or cuff links or a small lapel pin might be nice for a civilian school. A school crest or school stripe dress tie might be nice. Or you could go with a nice pen with the school crest.

Don't know any Texas A&M aggies, do ya? ;)

Here in Texas, lots of men where rings from their colleges--usually big state schools. It's like a secret signal to others of the same persuasion. :D