Menu

Instant email notification for subscribed threads not working

I am no longer getting instant email notification on threads I subscribe to. :confused: I swear I haven't changed any of my settings. This happened a few months ago, so I sent an email to the webmaster, and it magically started working again. Not this time. It's been this way for a few days now.

Any ideas? Am I subscribed to too many threads? 1184?

Aha, I thought it was just me. Thanks for mentioning that it's happening to you, too.

I have no idea how many threads I've subscribed to -- I automatically subscribe to all that I post in. I'm too lazy to keep track of the conversations in another way. And I'm too lazy to go check how many subscriptions I have.

Update: I got an email on 9/4 from one of the board fairies who didn't know why I wasn't getting emails, but knew that a few people were having problems.

I started getting emails this afternoon. The sun and moon and stars must have moved into alignment. :hurray:

I just got one for this message! It's the first I've had for a long time.

From now on I'm going to you, Sue, with my email problems. You must have the magic touch that (eventually) fixes all the problems.

I just started getting my emails today, too. I was very confused, as I tried this feature for the first time this week -- I post questions on the high school board which tends to move more slowly, so I thought it would be nice to not have to check so often for responses. I thought maybe I had signed up wrong!