Menu

Educational placemats... which are your favorite?

Aloha2U

Ok, perhaps this may seem like a silly post, but I had to ask this question.

As my ds and I sat down to lunch today, I decided that we need some us/world map placements at our kitchen table. That way we can listen to our geography (Audio Memory State/Capital/Geography) or history (Diana Waring) CDs and follow along on our map placements. Sounds great, right!? Now, here is the problem. As I searched the web for something that would suite us, I came across so many wonderful and inexpensive, educational placements (esp. at RR) that I could fill a whole shop cart with them as they could be used so versatilely. I won't of course, fill a shop cart full of them, but I'm definitely tempted. ;)

Sooo... which educational placemats do you use? Which ones are your favorite?

:lurk5:

We use the "Painless Learning" series from RR. We have enjoyed Presidents, the Solar System, Phonics, Composers, U.S Map, World Map, and Artists. :D

We use that same brand too. The dc's favorites have been the 2 maps (US and World), Artists, Composers, flags of the world, roman numerals and the alphabet one (which is different from the one RR sells). We have many others but these are the ones that get brought out the most. My kids also begged me to buy them the horses one but there are only so many I can buy. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by plain jane

Well, we have the world map one and president one from walmart and a solar system one from ??. My boys actually fight over who gets the presidents one to the point I have to tell them "nobody gets the president placemat for the rest of the day!" lol. I like that my 2nd grader is trying to teach my Ker who the presidents are and which ones are still alive. :lol:

i think they're cheaper at Walmart, I can't remember for sure. (But, Walmart has a smaller selection.) I would try there first and then get any others you want through RR.

If you have a laminator, you can laminate a 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper with whatever you want printed on it, that's big enough for a placemat for a child using a small plate.

I have the ones from Walmart. We switched them out when ds was little and needed a placemat for eating. Now we have several and I store them in a plastic gift bag in our classroom and dig them out as needed.

I like the Presidents, the multiplication table, and the world best.