Menu

Can you all please recommend a good tea kettle to me please?

I've had this one for nearly 10 years:

http://www.amazon.com/Chefs-Choice-675-International-Cordless/dp/B0000667GU/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1249155328&sr=1-15

and I love it. It holds a lot, goes quickly, is very efficient (doesn't heat up the kitchen). I start my pasta water with only a bit in the pot, but fill this up and keep adding to my big pot as it boils. MUCH faster.

Kitchenaid. Mine is Terra Cotta to match my kitchen. DH got it for me last year for Valentine's Day after my old cheapie developed a leak. I have no complaints. I read some negative reviews of it somewhere...not sure if it was at Amazon or not. But I can't relate to any of the complaints. It's pretty, too. :001_smile:

:iagree:

Our last tea kettle needed to be replaced, and this is what dh came up with after some research. Mine is red (to match my kitchen :))...love it! I would've been all for the electric tea kettle, but dh enjoys putting the kettle on the stove & going back to bed or playing the computer while waiting for the whistle to blow. :D

I have had my orange LeCreuset (enameled cast iron) kettle for eons and love it. Very durable.

Another vote for Le Creuset!

When my last kettle burned up, I was looking everywhere for one that fit my criteria: durable, doesn't dribble, holds enough, whistles (because if I don't hear it, I will forget I put the water on)... I was eying traditional English kettles, but most didn't whistle. My MIL got me the Le Creuset for Christmas. It's awesome.

(Mine's a chili pepper red)