Menu

Need story or book...

VaKim

Does anyone happen to know of any story or book about bragging, or talking about oneself all the time? It really doesn't matter what age it is for because I cannot find a thing at all. Even a picture book would be fine. Just something that makes it clear that these two things are not good.

Thanks bunches!

Does anyone happen to know of any story or book about bragging, or talking about oneself all the time? It really doesn't matter what age it is for because I cannot find a thing at all. Even a picture book would be fine. Just something that makes it clear that these two things are not good.

Thanks bunches!

I may not be much of a help, but I've seen a lot of books regarding character traits at our local library. I've checked out several of them for my dc. They are picture books,and they are short and sweet reads. I read them to my dc when they were younger. Maybe you can go to your library's online catalog (if they have one) and do a search for them?

Thank you ladies. We love Aesop, and have several versions here, but unfortunately, I have one who just doesn't make any connections between the characters there and herself. The Kaya book sounds really good though. We actually have it here somewhere. I had not read it myself. Thanks again! :)

We just got a series of books called Among the Meadow People (plus three more books). I had expected these to just be about animals,but it turns out some of the stories also subtly cover character problems. I don't know about bragging just yet, we've only read a few of the stories. I am just loving these,though. My ds really needs to hear some of this and this is such a nice gentle way to get a message across. The books are available through Yesterday's Classics. Kim