Menu

Recommend your favorite children's multivitamin..

One ds doesn't fair well on the Lil Critter gummie vitamins. I've tried the Melaleuca ones and two of my kids hate the taste. Soooo, what do you guys like?

Sorry, I refuse to use the Flintstones ones:tongue_smilie:. They are gross. I refuse to use any vitamins that have a character...no PowerRanger, Diego, Dora the Explorer, Hannah Montana or whatever ... I just want some kid gummy vitamins.

Our diets are OK, room for improvement but really not a whole lot of junk.

One ds doesn't fair well on the Lil Critter gummie vitamins. I've tried the Melaleuca ones and two of my kids hate the taste. Soooo, what do you guys like?

Sorry, I refuse to use the Flintstones ones:tongue_smilie:. They are gross. I refuse to use any vitamins that have a character...no PowerRanger, Diego, Dora the Explorer, Hannah Montana or whatever ... I just want some kid gummy vitamins.

Our diets are OK, room for improvement but really not a whole lot of junk.

I've got one kid that takes:

http://www.vitacost.com/Rainbow-Light-Just-Once-Kids-One-MultiStars

and the other:

http://www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-Mega-Kid-Chewable-Multi-Vitamin

I'd love for them to agree on one, so I don't have to buy 2 different kinds, but they like being difficult. . .

We use Nature's Plus Animal Parade. It is an organic, whole food-based vitamin without food colorings and other junk. They also come in a gummy vitamin.

ALWAYS read the ingredients to your child's vitamins! NEVER give them anything that has artificial colorings, trans-fats (yes, some include this...Flintstones is one of them), HFCS, and other completely unnecessary/unhealthy ingredients. Just my little PSA about children's vitamins. ;) It never ceases to fail me that people give their children OTC vitamins and think they are actually providing a good supplement.

Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries! I can't say enough about them. True story: at the vitamin store, they also have these little chocolates at the checkout...I got DD one of them and offered to help her open it as I was buckling her car seat...she says to me "no, mama, can I have my vitamin first?" :blink: This is the child that loves chocolate so much that she introduces herself as "Coco." :lol:

DS loves them, too!

We use Nature's Plus Animal Parade. It is an organic, whole food-based vitamin without food colorings and other junk. They also come in a gummy vitamin.

:iagree:We have used these for over 10 years. When we lived in Atlanta I used to listen to a natural health radio show called "Duke and the Dr." The host of the show, who was meticulous about researching different brands of supplements, used to recommend these as her favorite children's vitamin.

~

Leanna

Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries! I can't say enough about them. True story: at the vitamin store, they also have these little chocolates at the checkout...I got DD one of them and offered to help her open it as I was buckling her car seat...she says to me "no, mama, can I have my vitamin first?" :blink: This is the child that loves chocolate so much that she introduces herself as "Coco." :lol:

DS loves them, too!

These are fantastic and well worth the cost. My son actually asks me for his each day. Before I had to practically hold him down to get him to take any vitamin.

These are fantastic and well worth the cost. My son actually asks me for his each day. Before I had to practically hold him down to get him to take any vitamin.

There are loads of Nordic Berry vitamins on offer (DHA, Omega, chewables, gummy, tangerine...), which one exactly are you guys recommending?

:iagree:We have used these for over 10 years. When we lived in Atlanta I used to listen to a natural health radio show called "Duke and the Dr." The host of the show, who was meticulous about researching different brands of supplements, used to recommend these as her favorite children's vitamin.

~

Leanna

Which bottle to get? Vitacost has lots of different Nature's Plus vitamins to get. I am confused.

• 3 weeks later...

ALWAYS read the ingredients to your child's vitamins! NEVER give them anything that has artificial colorings, trans-fats (yes, some include this...Flintstones is one of them), HFCS, and other completely unnecessary/unhealthy ingredients. Just my little PSA about children's vitamins. ;) It never ceases to fail me that people give their children OTC vitamins and think they are actually providing a good supplement.

This is what my kids like also. My youngest will only eat the cherry cats until they are gone then she'll take any other cat, then when they are gone she'll take anything! All my kids have liked them (I like the taste too!).

Melissa

DS loves them, too!

:iagree:Same here. My kids LOVE them!

We don't do gummies, they're too expensive. I just get DD Kirkland (from Costco) or Equate (from Wal-Mart) store brand crunchy/chalky vitamins. She likes them, so whether I do or not is a moot point. They're usually dinosaurs or animals, no licensed characters.

She also eats breakfast cereal EVERY DAY (eats breakfast twice if I make something else), and that basically amounts to the same thing as eating a vitamin with the way cereal is fortified.