Menu

What is your favorite search engine...

I'm considering advertising on a few different search engines... I'm experimenting with Google...

What search engine do you use when looking for homeschool resources/classes/information?

I tend to use Google because that is what DH set up in my tool bar... I've seen lots of new ads out for Microsoft's "Bing"...but I have not used it yet.

TIA

Jann

It depends what I'm searching for. I swap between Yahoo and Google quite frequently and have both toolbars installed on my browser. If you want a quick answer like a definition, calculation, or something like that, I prefer Yahoo. To find and browse through sites, I prefer Google.

Yahoo.

With just about any search engine, there are some search tips that will help you get the most relevant results.

If I want to find homeschool classes, I'd type +"homeschool classes" +ohio instead of homeschool classes ohio (putting it in quotes makes sure that the results will bring up those two words together, and the + for most search engines requires each set of words to be in each site in the results list.

If I want homeschool classes but not a co-op, I'd say +"homeschool classes" +ohio -"co-op" so co-ops are not included.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/search/basics/basics-04.html

Yahoo.

With just about any search engine, there are some search tips that will help you get the most relevant results.

If I want to find homeschool classes, I'd type +"homeschool classes" +ohio instead of homeschool classes ohio (putting it in quotes makes sure that the results will bring up those two words together, and the + for most search engines requires each set of words to be in each site in the results list.

If I want homeschool classes but not a co-op, I'd say +"homeschool classes" +ohio -"co-op" so co-ops are not included.

Thanks for that! I'm going to give yahoo a try :001_smile: