Menu

I'm hiding from my MIL- sanity check.....

I asked my MIL to take a moment and sew a button with my 4yo. This daughter wants to do all things dextrous, so I thought this would be a good fit. My MIL has been sitting with my now OUT-OF-HER-MIND daughter for over an hour. She will not let it go. They decided they would make a stuffed animal (a simple fish). But being the perfectionist that she is, she will only let my daughter pull the string up and she makes sure the stitches are perfect and pretty. Sort of like....um...her! Okaaaay, I see the benefit, but for over an hour?! She has told my 4yo to sit still and stop moving about a thousand times by now. I want to scream, but I won't intervene because I think it is some lesson in longsuffering and patience for my poor daughter.

[big honking sigh]

It has been a surreal visit.

Someone pass me a MIKE'S.........

she will grow up fondly remembering how great it was to sew with Grandma, having blocked all the horrible parts, lol. I think my Great Aunt was that way about crochet (and actually, that way about everything). She could make a five year old start asking, "Can I have a Mikes too?" But I miss her to bits and would give a thousand dollars to hear her give me a 25 minute lecture on how to properly stir the cake batter.

she will grow up fondly remembering how great it was to sew with Grandma, having blocked all the horrible parts, lol. I think my Great Aunt was that way about crochet (and actually, that way about everything). She could make a five year old start asking, "Can I have a Mikes too?" But I miss her to bits and would give a thousand dollars to hear her give me a 25 minute lecture on how to properly stir the cake batter.

My Grandma taught me how to make tortillas. It only took about a thousand different times to show me how, and I would give almost anything to have her back for half an hour.

I asked my MIL to take a moment and sew a button with my 4yo. This daughter wants to do all things dextrous, so I thought this would be a good fit. My MIL has been sitting with my now OUT-OF-HER-MIND daughter for over an hour. She will not let it go. They decided they would make a stuffed animal (a simple fish). But being the perfectionist that she is, she will only let my daughter pull the string up and she makes sure the stitches are perfect and pretty. Sort of like....um...her! Okaaaay, I see the benefit, but for over an hour?! She has told my 4yo to sit still and stop moving about a thousand times by now. I want to scream, but I won't intervene because I think it is some lesson in longsuffering and patience for my poor daughter.

[big honking sigh]

It has been a surreal visit.

Someone pass me a MIKE'S.........

Here's a few for today, just in case.

6pkbMikesHardLemonade11oz.jpg