Menu

Please pray that the sale on my trailer goes through today.

I sold it Saturday and called the landlord to let her know. She still has the title (because I just paid it off and we hadn't switched it yet.) We set up a meeting for Tuesday at 2pm.

She calls me Monday night and tells me we need to change it to Thursday because she can't find the title right off hand and her son's truck broke down, etc. We move it to Thursday.

She calls me last night and tells me her day is filling up fast tomorrow and she wants to move it to Friday. I explain to her that I need to get it sold and I am afraid that the sale is going to fall through. She says there are lots of people who want to buy mobile homes. I tell her I saw lots when I was showing it but no one had any money (I didn't say that the ones who did have money didn't want to live in this park!) She talks around me for a little while and then tells me she'll call me in the morning if she can't do it at 1pm.

I can't have this sale fall through. My mother took everything with her when she left yesterday! The reason I sold to this guy at a reduced price was he was willing to buy it "as is" because he is going to remodel it completely and move it to a permanent lot and sell them together. (I think this is also what the problem is - she doesn't want him to move it off of this lot.) If I have to try and sell it to someone else, it will have to be owner-financed and a bunch of stuff finished (which means I will have to spend yet more money on it because all the paint and tools are now in FL!)

Please pray that she finds the title, quits trying to manipulate the situation, and this trailer gets SOLD today.

Oh that does sound very stressful. Misplacing the title is inexcusable. Trying to suggest that there are buyers growing on trees is completely inappropriate. It sounds like she's dangerously close to illegally interfering with your right to sell the unit.

You should be able to order a replacement title. What about contacting the local government housing board for advice? Typically you can get free advice for these types of situations. If you do order a replacement title, ask the housing office if you can force your landlord to pay the fees.

She found the title but had never had it put in her name from the previous owners. I drove her to the DMV to have that done this morning. I am HOPING that the man who wants to buy it will take a Bill of Sale that she and I *both* sign. Then, in 2 or 3 weeks, when the title comes back from the DMV, she can sign it over to him.

After talking to her this morning and then taking her to the DMV, I don't think she is *trying* to make my life difficult, she is just slightly senile and very scatterbrained.

I can see myself being like her in 50 years or so!:tongue_smilie:

He didn't show up. I called him once this morning and he sent me a text back saying he was in a meeting and he would call me when he got out.

I called an left another message at 1:30pm (he was supposed to be here at 1:00pm.) He hasn't called or texted back.

I feel pretty defeated right now. I hope he comes through. If he doesn't then I probably won't be going to FL on the 6th - I'll have to stay until I can get the rest of the work done and it sold to someone else.

:huh::sad::banghead:

He didn't show up. I called him once this morning and he sent me a text back saying he was in a meeting and he would call me when he got out.

I called an left another message at 1:30pm (he was supposed to be here at 1:00pm.) He hasn't called or texted back.

I feel pretty defeated right now. I hope he comes through. If he doesn't then I probably won't be going to FL on the 6th - I'll have to stay until I can get the rest of the work done and it sold to someone else.

:huh::sad::banghead:

I'm so sorry.

I'm still praying!!!