Menu

Zumba anyone?

but my 2 daughters have. One is a fitness coordinator for the YMCA. She had to take all the classes that are offered at the YMCA, and she said Zumba was her Very favorite. The classes have just grown and grown. Women of all sizes, shapes and ages attend and love it!:hurray:

Zumba is really, really fun! (Although, now that we've moved to a facility with a wall of mirrors, it's not quite so fun -- I have to make sure to stand behind someone else.)

Our class is mostly older women (maybe late thirties to sixties) and very non-judgmental. We have a great time, sweat like crazy, and the hour goes by before we know it.

Now, some of the moves have been a bit uncomfortable (I'm not a dancer and my hips really have a hard time moving that way), but at least it's all women in the class.

As far as results -- I know I'm much more coordinated now than when I started 3 months ago. I've been eating badly, so I don't know if any weightloss would have occurred, though.

Anyway, it's worth a try! It's got to be good for you, because you're moving almost the whole time!

Lynnette

I just started it a month ago, and I love it! I have so much fun, it's like I'm not exercising (which is good, since I don't like exercising:001_smile:).

I don't think I've been doing it long enough to see much in the way of weight loss - especially since I eat horribly - but I do have more energy now, and am in general much more cheerful.

Zumba is really, really fun! (Although, now that we've moved to a facility with a wall of mirrors, it's not quite so fun -- I have to make sure to stand behind someone else.)

Our class is mostly older women (maybe late thirties to sixties) and very non-judgmental. We have a great time, sweat like crazy, and the hour goes by before we know it.

Now, some of the moves have been a bit uncomfortable (I'm not a dancer and my hips really have a hard time moving that way), but at least it's all women in the class.

As far as results -- I know I'm much more coordinated now than when I started 3 months ago. I've been eating badly, so I don't know if any weightloss would have occurred, though.

Anyway, it's worth a try! It's got to be good for you, because you're moving almost the whole time!

Lynnette

OH MY, I googled it and OH MY. Not for overly fat people I'm thinking -- way too much to jiggle....... And I don't know about gettting my body to do those moves. :001_huh:

OH MY, I googled it and OH MY. Not for overly fat people I'm thinking -- way too much to jiggle....... And I don't know about gettting my body to do those moves. :001_huh:

As far as "overly fat"....I'm not there, but I'm certainly on the larger side. When I shook things, they kept on shaking after I had stopped trying :001_huh: I've only been to the one class, and won't be able to get to another one until late next week. My body is definitely not used to moving that way!! But it was fun!!!

Rita

• 2 months later...

I have been to a few and I am a big girl. I will say I am one of the larger ones but it's helping. I am doing other classes but ya my hips don't move like that. Some of it I couldn't figure out how to do right and I am buying different pants when I do that class. It makes you sweat and it's fun but since I been busting butt for two weeks I was sore for the last one but still stayed thru it. I like the music, very energetic. (sp)

I've been doing it since the end of June as I had started putting on weight and wanted to stay thin. I went 3 times a week - with my 9 and 19 years olds who both love it, but now school is going again I only manage twice a week - if I am lucky.

BUT - I have lost 4 pounds!! And I feel better

And as everyone says - it is fun!!

Meryl