Menu

Hear that pitiful wailing noise?? Or, Requiem for a Stone.

My stone, my perfect 10 y/o stone is no more. Pampered Chef. Perfectly, exquisitely seasoned. Many batches of cookies and biscuits and assorted good things to eat adorned that stone over the years. It survived two kids learning to cook, my husband's casually careless care, four moves, and five ovens.

I made biscuits today. Cooled the stone carefully, mindful of the Pyrex thread. Washed it with water and a scraper two hours later. Dried it. Moved it onto the counter when I started dinner.

In the middle of caramelizing the onions for the chicken soup, I looked over and saw my lovely, faithful stone in two pieces on the counter.

I have no idea what happened to it. sad009.gif

R.I.P.

At least it's not a kidney stone! LOL. Couldn't resist that one. :D

I'm so sorry though for the loss of your stone. I have seen them in thrift stores at times. Maybe you could get one there.

I tend to use my cast iron skillets more now for stuff like that.

I'm so sorry! I know how vital it was to you to be stoned. nicethread.gif

Somewhere in my world of storage, I have two stones (one round, one square) that I never learned to use properly. Wish I knew where to get at them -- I'd trade you one in exchange for some biscuits!

Doran

Oh Pam, I'm sorry about your Stone, but I was thinking you meant your diamond, like the one in your engagement ring! Sooooo, I'm glad it was just a baking stone, and not the other. Oh, and if not for the ridiculous price of shipping such a thing, I would gladly give you a couple of my very own, exquisitely seasoned PC stones. I used to sell it, and I made sure they got really well seasoned. I barely ever use them anymore though. :cool:

Thanks everyone! I can't bring myself to toss it in the trash yet. Maybe I'll put it outside as a stepping stone. :)

Sola Michella, our very own PC consultant, reminded me I can order a new one from her, plus I'll be able to replace the ice cream scoop that dh put into the dishwasher. :o

So I'll start another 10 years of seasoning. If anybody needs biscuits to help the process along, just stop by. I'll whip you up a batch. Bring clotted cream and jam.

Thanks everyone! I can't bring myself to toss it in the trash yet. Maybe I'll put it outside as a stepping stone. :)

Sola Michella, our very own PC consultant, reminded me I can order a new one from her, plus I'll be able to replace the ice cream scoop that dh put into the dishwasher. :o

So I'll start another 10 years of seasoning. If anybody needs biscuits to help the process along, just stop by. I'll whip you up a batch. Bring clotted cream and jam.

Is she close enough to do a show? I'll come! I love PC parties. The food is so yummy.:D