Menu

My son is ten years old today.

Double digits.

How did that happen? Wasn't it just a few months ago that I brought my boy home from the hospital, and tried to get right back to work?

Oh, yeah. That was just a few months ago.

But it was also ten years ago. Ten years. Have I treasured them enough?

When Theo celebrates his tenth birthday, Isaac will be as old as I was when I got married. I think I'd better get busy treasuring these next ten years, hadn't I?

Hug your babies today, no matter how old they are!

I've even gotten a sense of panic today when I think about his b/day. He can drive in 2 years. In 5 years he'll be the age I was when I got married (yikes).

My mil gave him his first driving lesson (way out in the boonies-not in any traffic-about a yards distance from her country store to her house) when he was at her house a couple of weekends ago. She didn't ask me, so when I first heard this, I 'bout panicked. It quickly hit me that he's not that far away from driving for real anyway!

Happy birthday to him! I can really relate. My ds is turning 10 the end of the month. His older sister is turning 13 one month from today. My oldest dd is turning 16 in July. It is a year for milestones. I wish they were all little again. Where did time go?

My baby boy is 9.5! We were just watching videos last night of when he was 3. Oh, it made me want to cry at how fast he turned from that adorable, chubby, talkative little thing to this bouncy, gangly, talkative huge person! He is great now, but I had a little time of mourning!

Happy Birthday to your son!!!

Double digits.

How did that happen? Wasn't it just a few months ago that I brought my boy home from the hospital, and tried to get right back to work?

Oh, yeah. That was just a few months ago.

But it was also ten years ago. Ten years. Have I treasured them enough?

When Theo celebrates his tenth birthday, Isaac will be as old as I was when I got married. I think I'd better get busy treasuring these next ten years, hadn't I?

Hug your babies today, no matter how old they are!

And hugs to you, Ms. Sarah. "Time, like an ever-rolling stream/Bears all [our] sons away..."

Happy birthday to Isaac--I know you treasure him dearly.

I was a little choked up when my dd hit this milestone too. I feel like we are on a crash course to adulthood now. In the last year (she is now 11yo) she has gone from being a silly, sweet, introspective little girl to a confident, sweet, introspective pre-teen who is more and more adult every day. Sigh . . . .

I wish I had cherished those years more. Not that I didn't in many ways. But, when you look back and realize they're gone, you think up a host of things you might've done. At least, I do.

Go, now. Dip his hands and feet into paint and have him make those prints like he did in Kindergarten. Make faces at each other and take a video of it so you'll be able to hear how he laughed before his voice changed. Write down your most favorite foods..and books. Wow. It's all there, isn't it?

He's a fortunate boy to have you for a mama. Happy day to you four!

Doran