Menu

where can I purchase pizza boxes???

I make cheap/healthy/yummy pizza and was thinking how great it would be to take it to the pool for lunch over the summer or how easy it would be to take to a friend's house for lunch. However, transport is an issue with homemade pizza.

I want to buy some pizza boxes. Maybe those cardboard rounds too and then I could reuse the boxes sometimes.

Any ideas where I could buy these? Or any other brilliant ideas for transporting a large pizza?

Marie

What size is your pizza? There are portable cake carriers that are round. There are also cupcake carriers with 2-3 layers. If you don't have to make it round there are a lot of options in the rectangular shapes. Look in the summer cook out area, in the food storage area, or in the party supplies. There are a lot of reusable food storage options if you look.

If you can find an option you like, or can't get some pizza boxes for reasonable. You could also just use a cardboard round doubled up (look in the cake decorating section at a craft store) and wrapped with foil or a metal pizza pan. Then put the pizza on the 'tray'. Wrap tightly in foil. Put the whole thing in one of the extra large zipper bag (they have them a big as a pillow case).

I just use my bread machine and the pizza crust recipe from the booklet that came with it substituting half whole wheat flour. I let the dough rest in the fridge for a day or two (seems to improve the texture some). I stretch it out on a pampered chef pizza stone and throw whatever pizza or pasta sauce I have on it and whatever toppings are hanging around.

It's nothing special or super healthy. It just seems healthy compared to the fast food pizzas (seem to be baked in a pan of butter) and I can use fresh ingredients. And it is cheap ( I buy cheese in bulk). Kids like it better than the chain places and tell people their favorite pizza place is "Mama's Kitchen".

I saw people bringing in Little Caesar's to the pool today and I thought "hey- I can do that!"

What size is your pizza? There are portable cake carriers that are round. There are also cupcake carriers with 2-3 layers. If you don't have to make it round there are a lot of options in the rectangular shapes. Look in the summer cook out area, in the food storage area, or in the party supplies. There are a lot of reusable food storage options if you look.

If you can find an option you like, or can't get some pizza boxes for reasonable. You could also just use a cardboard round doubled up (look in the cake decorating section at a craft store) and wrapped with foil or a metal pizza pan. Then put the pizza on the 'tray'. Wrap tightly in foil. Put the whole thing in one of the extra large zipper bag (they have them a big as a pillow case).

I think these are good ideas except that I think the plastic and foil would hold moisture in and make the crust soggy. A cardboard box will absorb some of the moisture.

I think these are good ideas except that I think the plastic and foil would hold moisture in and make the crust soggy. A cardboard box will absorb some of the moisture.

Silly me. I guess I was assuming you would be taking cold pizza. I didn't think about cooking the pizza at home and then taking it somewhere else to eat warm. I don't really like eating outside so to me I would eat it before I left the house if I was eating it warm. :0) Picnics aren't my favorite.

If you live in Oregon, Washington, Idaho or California, you can buy these at Cash & Carry, a food service supply store that is open to the public. If you don't live in those states, perhaps you know someone who does who could buy them and ship them to you.

:)

price was reasonable and I think I'll find all kinds of uses for these. I like to bake and think they will be good for transporting cupcakes/ cookie cakes/etc. as well as hot pizza. I bought some cardboard rounds, too. I am hoping to use those under the pizzas and then I can reuse boxes. Seems like alot of waste to use and toss those big boxes constantly.

Thought I'd post in case any one else was interested.

Thanks.

Marie