Menu

Rescue dog peed on carpet: how to get out?

I always start with white vinegar and water. That usually takes care of most animal messes/odors. After that, there's a product at the Feed Store that I buy. Unfortunately I'm out of it so I can't tell you what it is... :-(

But seriously, white vinegar & water works great!

Anne

I would use paper towels to soak up as much pee as I could.

Put very warm water in a bucket (filled maybe a quarter of the way full?) with a tbsp of Oxyclean.

Let the Oxyclean dissolve, then using a rag, scrub the spot with the Oxy/water.

Soak it up again with paper towels.

After you've gotten as much liquid up as possible, spray the spot with something called Bac-Out. It is an all natural/microbial stain and odor remover and smells soo good - think limey/citrusy. I used to use it on my dd's cloth diapers. I think you could find it at any health food or natural foods store. Don't know what area you live in, but I bought mine at a grocery store called Rosauers here in the inland Northwest.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but we've had many dogs over the years and doing this has always gotten smells out for me! hth

You may need to purchase a pet odor eater with enzymes to completely eliminate the urine or your dear little pet will instinctively re-pee in the area. Chalk it up to those super doggy noses.

You can purchase a squirt bottle just about anywhere from Walmart to a Pet supply store.

Nature's Miracle. Works wonderfully, but is a bit pricey. We had a dog with submissive urination issues a while back, and Nature's Miracle quickly became my favorite product. I think there are other similar products out there. Look for something that breaks down the urine with enzymes. That way even the dog shouldn't be able to smell it later & use the same spot again.

You may need to purchase a pet odor eater with enzymes to completely eliminate the urine or your dear little pet will instinctively re-pee in the area. Chalk it up to those super doggy noses.

You can purchase a squirt bottle just about anywhere from Walmart to a Pet supply store.

Simple Solution is a good one.

Rhonda

I always start with white vinegar and water. That usually takes care of most animal messes/odors. After that, there's a product at the Feed Store that I buy. Unfortunately I'm out of it so I can't tell you what it is... :-(

But seriously, white vinegar & water works great!

Anne

I agree w/vinegar and water.