Menu

Well, I really wanted the Kindle 2 as an anniversary present, but

the $359 price tag is not in the budget. DH has up to $200 to spend, and he really wants to buy me something. Of course, he needs ideas from me. I don't really need/want any more jewelry. Any suggestions?

Do you scrapbook?? How about a Cricut? iPod to listen to audio books on? oooooo I know, an iPod Touch of iPhone. I haven't priced those out too carefully so I may be over your price range.:tongue_smilie:

Now that is funny...DH just purchased an iPod touch and thought it would be the perfect gift for me; I just thought he was trying to make things easy on himself. You can get a refurbished iPod from Apple for $179.

An iPhone would be nice too, but the monthly service plans would cut into my homeschool budget.

I do scrapbook, but I'm trying to convert to digital scrapbooking, although the Cricut is tempting...

Thanks for the ideas! I'll do some more searching around my hobbies: reading, scrapbooking, & cross-stitch (I'm sure there are some new toys that I'm not aware of). I think I had my heart set on the Kindle 2; hopefully, they'll come down in price by Christmas.

Now that is funny...DH just purchased an iPod touch and thought it would be the perfect gift for me; I just thought he was trying to make things easy on himself. You can get a refurbished iPod from Apple for $179.

An iPhone would be nice too, but the monthly service plans would cut into my homeschool budget.

I do scrapbook, but I'm trying to convert to digital scrapbooking, although the Cricut is tempting...

Thanks for the ideas! I'll do some more searching around my hobbies: reading, scrapbooking, & cross-stitch (I'm sure there are some new toys that I'm not aware of). I think I had my heart set on the Kindle 2; hopefully, they'll come down in price by Christmas.

I was just going to suggest a refurbed iPod Touch. I know you can use Kindle downloads on the iPhone. I assume you can on the Touch as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000301301

Not as much immediate gratification, but could you put away the $200 and create a "kindling for the Kindle" fund??

but DH wants to give me gift on our anniversary. I think he wants to stay off of the "What's the worst gift you've received" post. Maybe I'll ask for something small and put the balance toward a future Kindle purchase; he might go for that.

in yourself and your family. I love my Kindle! I download many books for free (Project Gutenberg) that we use for school that we read aloud together from Ambleside Online. I don't think the Sony e-reader reads to you like the Kindle does. I'm not a big listener but I DO like to listen while I'm driving or cooking and then go back to reading the book during most other times. My dh reads The New York Times every morning on the Kindle and we also get Newsweek on the Kindle.

Can you wait and get one later? or sell some books?

My interest in the iPod Touch has just been rekindled (pun intended).

Dh has the Kindle application for his iPhone and has been very happy with it. Though I don't think he uses it as much as *I* would....