Menu

Ready for another dessert question?

Right now I'm making:

strawberry cheesecake

flourless chocolate cake

peanut butter chocolate torte

coconut cake

creme brulee

And, I make tiny desserts in shot glasses for those who just aren't hungry enough for a full restaurant dessert serving. For those, I'm making:

Key lime: refreshing, creamy key lime filling layered with graham cracker crumbles, garnished with whipped cream and lime zest.

Peanut butter chocolate: peanut butter mousse filling layered with oreo crust crumbles, chocolate ganache, and peanut butter cup chunks.

I'd like to make a few more types of the shot glass desserts, but would like to keep the dessert flavors fairly diverse. SO (here comes the question), I'm looking for your opinions on your favorite desserts and *flavors*. I can make almost any dessert into a format that will work with the shot glasses. In the past I have done carrot cake shot glasses, caramel toffee chip, chocolate turtle brownie, and raspberry/strawberry with creme or white chocolate, & dutch apple pie.

Lay the ideas on me, I'm ready! (Thanks a bunch!) :001_smile:

I second a chocolate mint shot glass - i actually grabbed what I thought was a mint dessert shot at a Four Seasons buffet...it turned out to be pistachio! Bleah!

Could you manage a mini tiramisu shot? YUM!

Hubby wants blueberries and cream.

Edited by JFSinIL

Can you do the creme brulee in a shot glass? One of my favorite restaurants offers a sampler sort of dessert option with tiny little portions of several different desserts. One of them is creme brulee, and it is delicious. I love creme brulee.

What about tiramisu, zabaglione with berries, or chocolate cheesecake?

In Washington, somewhere, many years ago....(ok...about 7) we had a creme brulee sampler of plain, chocolate and the last one orange? It was just..."the best"!

And, of course, for my poor sweet daughter...I'm always asking..."Do you know if there's a good chance that she'd be ok if she ate this? She's allergic to peanuts..." SO, if you know there's no cross contamination...that's cool:-) She's so into cooking/baking shows..and so not able to eat most desserts!

Also, about 20 years ago, I ate at a "crab feast" and they had this flavored chocolate mousse. I confess, that very discreetly, I was trying to get the last bit out of the glass...with my finger. (And I usually have such nice manners...no finger lickin' here....)

Carrie:-)