Menu

Vanity alert: facial peach fuzz

I turned 40 this year, and all of a sudden, just like my Mom at this age, I have started to get peach fuzz on my face. Do people really think this is a problem? Does anyone do anything about it? I'm not going to start shaving :lol:. Other than laser-type treatment, is there anything over the counter that slowly and gently alleviates this?

See I told you, pretty vain, huh?

I'm 32, and I just decided to start waxing my chin and jawline along with my upper lip and eyebrows. I hate feeling like a mammal, LOL. I have ONE chin whisker that is BLACK and wiry, that I use tweezers on as SOON as I can detect it growing back. The facial hair bothers Me, makes me feel self conscious, so that is why I wax.

Lazer hair removal is really only effective for dark hairs, that really contrast with your skin. I have NO idea why, but that is the info I found when researching.

I am blond, fair and also in the last few years developed some fine, blond facial hair. I waxed it for a few years and really, the easiest thing to do is just pull out the razor every week or so and zip it off. It does not come back more dense, it doesn't come back darker.

The results are about the same as waxing; however, if you wax, you have to wait longer to rewax as the hairs need to be longer to get gripped. The shaving is really quicker and easier and you can keep it off more readily. Just don't tell my husband!! FWIW - Christie Brinkley does this and credits it with great exfoliation!

Well, I am 1/2 Italian and am starting to look like my dear old Italian aunt with the full beard :glare: When people used to comment on how my ds had a full mustache at 12 I felt like saying, "He gets it from his mother."

NO NO NO to razors...

Get an epilator. It works on the same premise as waxing, but is MUCH less expensive.

Over time your hair will come in less and lighter.

Here's a good one:

http://www.amazon.com/Braun-5270-Silk-%C3%A9pil-Xelle-System/dp/B000EZYKTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1242786023&sr=8-1

I really don't know why more people don't know about this. I guess it's just something you don't talk about IRL. There's one lady I know IRL who I am still getting to know and I can't WAIT until I tell her she can stop shaving and look good!

If you can afford it, I would recommend electrolysis - it can get rid of light and dark hairs, unlike laser. It also the only process recognized as permanent by FDA and AMA.

If you cannot afford it, or don't want to bother with it for just a few hairs I would agree with the previous poster on the epilator - super fast, but keep in mind that tweezing hairs causes them to become STRONGER so if you have a significant amount of hair, I would just shave in case you want to do electrolysis/laser in the future.

keep in mind that tweezing hairs causes them to become STRONGER so if you have a significant amount of hair, I would just shave in case you want to do electrolysis/laser in the future.

Just trying to understand this statement. What do you mean it causes them to become stronger? Do you mean harder to pluck? Thicker? What?

uhhhh mine has not come in less or lighter... it is more and darker and I am a blonde by nature. Its not a ton, but the side mustach stuff and one chin stuff is there.

In terms of peach fuzz...I was "sugared" which is kinda like waxing and after three treatments, it is pretty much gone.

which I could say that for the others that have stuck around!

This why I avoid looking at myself in car mirrors.

For some reason - I see it more clearly there.

That's because of the sunshine. I've noticed my light blonde hair is much more visible in the sun. It's not as bad in the shade, though.

Sheri :)

NO NO NO to razors...

Get an epilator. It works on the same premise as waxing, but is MUCH less expensive.

Here's a good one:

http://www.amazon.com/Braun-5270-Silk-%C3%A9pil-Xelle-System/dp/B000EZYKTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1242786023&sr=8-1

I really don't know why more people don't know about this. I guess it's just something you don't talk about IRL. There's one lady I know IRL who I am still getting to know and I can't WAIT until I tell her she can stop shaving and look good!

Looks good...I've considered them before. I used to shave my legs with an electric shaver, but it went kaput a few months ago, and now I'm back to knicks and cuts on my legs. So....just HOW much does it hurt? Really. I have had waxing done regularly in the past, but had to cut it out because the budget had to give somewhere :tongue_smilie:...is it good for (ahem) bikini area? (I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE I just typed that on this board, but who the heck else am I going to ask but complete strangers whom I feel like I know!!!???) :lol::lol::lol:

...is it good for (ahem) bikini area? (I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE I just typed that on this board, but who the heck else am I going to ask but complete strangers whom I feel like I know!!!???) :lol::lol::lol:

LOL- is it a good replacement for brazilian waxing? ;)

No more vain than shaving your armpits or legs. :) I got sick of plucking, and so I just use an electric razor. I do it once a week, and it stays smooth. I do the chin, and would-be moustache area. No, it does not grow in darker or coarser. It's merely a sign of maturing and our bodies changing. Just think - before long, no more periods!:D

So, now my secret is out!

NO NO NO to razors...

Here's a good one:

Because it was designed by SATAN! Those suckers hurt. OMGosh they hurt. The instruction booklet warns of a "tingling sensation". It most definitely does not "tingle". I use an epilator though cause waxing is a pain and shaving looks perilous. It's just too much to admit to shaving your face, KWIM?

I hear there is Vaniqa or some prescription cream for facial hair. I will ask my dermatologist about this when I see him for my check up.