Menu

What is your favorite veggie wrap recipe?

A layer of hummus on the tortilla. Then add shredded carrots, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and maybe some thin slices of avocado. A little lemon juice, salt, pepper and roll up. Yum.

Oops, just noticed that you don't care for hummus. Hmmm. How about guacamole?

Mashed avocado, sprinkled with salt, pepper, lime on a bed of lettuce with thinly sliced tomato on top of the avo. You can add a sliver of a nice cheese of you like. I drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the tomato and sprinkle a small amount of salt& pepper and chopped cilantro. Not low cal. lol If you are doing low carb, just leave out the wrap or bread. Its also amazing with mung bean sprouts. Large lettuce leaves make fab wraps.

Also, there are many variations on hummus. I adore it, but sometimes, depending on preparation...it can be awful.

wow, how funny we just got hooked on these. In the past few days I have made these kinds:

Tortillas turkey

Lavash Bread from Trader Joes

4 ounces cream cheese softened

2 tb. mayo

shredded lettuce

deli turkey

chopped tomato

sliced olives

shredded chedder

guacamole

Mix the guac, mayo and cream cheese, spread on bread, then layer the rest how you wanna! roll and eat

BBQ roll ups

Lloyds BBQ chicken

spread some mayo then layer the bbq chicken, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese and some extra BBQ sauce, roll and eat

Roast Beef Roll ups

Coleslaw mix

coleslaw salad dressing

mayo

dijon mustard

cider vinegar

celery seed

deli roast beef

swiss cheese

for this I just mix all the dressing, mayo, mustard, vinegar and celery seed, spread and layer the rest!

Taco/Avocado wraps...(my fav)

8 ounce soft cream cheese

1/2 C sour cream

1 Can 4 ounce chopped green chilis

1 TB taco seasoning mix

guacamole

diced tomaotes

green onions sliced

sliced black olives

Mix all the wet stuff together with seasoning mix roll and go!

I had a great wrap a while back at this "raw food" place, I can't remember all the filling items (avocados, grated zucchini and carrot were in there) , but the interesting part was they used a collard green leaf as the wrapping.

They cut out the stalk/stem, and therefore had smaller wraps), but when I "duplicated" this at home (I steal all good ideas) I ran a vegetable peeler along the center stem and shaved it down until I could roll the whole thing.

Makes a great wrap. Tender young Collard Greens are better than old ones.

Bill

I love this one :

1 whole wheat wrap

2 tablespoons hummus

1/2 cup avocado

1/4 cup peppers (red or green)

1/8 cup red onion, chopped

1/4 cup mesclun mix

1/8 cup carrots, shredded

and this:

Chicken, blanched broccoli, and rice cooked in a sesame ginger sauce wrapped in a sun-dried tomato tortilla

and this:

Grilled zucchini, portabella mushrooms, roasted red peppers, tomato, and Mozzarella cheese wrapped in a sun-dried tomato tortilla with balsamic vinaigrette

and this:

Grilled chicken, white rice, mixed cheeses, lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion mixed with creamy garlic dressing in a sun-dried tomato tortilla