Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I'm here! Need some more coffee. Had some cereal already.

Have one load of laundry ready to hang up to dry.

Most of my list is things I got partly done yesterday-- I broke out the tasks to make them more manageable: finish bookshelf, move dresser, fix closet, take pictures of shoes, organize miscellaneous things in my room. 

Then mop, vacuum, maybe organize some things in the "public" areas of the house, I can't move furniture by myself I don't think but watch me possibly do it anyway lol.

Then study and plan and stuff.

Have a good day, y'all!

• Like 5

Good morning!

•catch up on everything that didn't get done yesterday (most of my list)

•switch out padlocks on horse gates and order the hugest key rings I can find so my kids don't keep losing the keys :glare:

•go through Subscribe and Save list for January

•sweep garage

•clean hay steamer

•restock paper products throughout house

•empty garbage cans

•rehang artwork in rooms that have been painted

•dinner: broccoli, pepperjack, and wild rice fritters 

•wrap presents tonight while I watch hockey

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Can I jump in? I love accountability for daily stuff..

I want to:

•give my eyes a contact break for the morning (which is driving me crazy because I don't own glasses) ✅

•finish decluttering and dusting the art shelf

•buy new label maker tape

•finish knitting the last (for now) 3 part card holder

•plus all my regular chores

•making sure my children do all their chores

•5 books read to my daughter

Edited by spaceman
  • Like 5

Well, it is Stir Up Sunday (for U.S., British was a few weeks ago), so I will get Christmas Pudding ingredients and stir them up with plenty of boozy stuff. Everyone in family gets to stir the mixture. But first, I want to look at pudding recipes. The one I have used -- and love -- is made with suet, so I am hoping to find something healthier, but still decent.

My living room needs some serious work. I bought some new furniture, and room looks like a warehouse, no space for the tree that is waiting outside. So on the agenda are trips to basement, garage, storage, and local recycling center.

• Like 4

Well, ds3 lost his second game last night, so we have a free day. I was vetoed with my plan for early mass, so late mass it is. I need to get calendar stuff done and check off some Christmas things.

to do: 

Mass

lunch

calendar, etc while watching football

general pickup

laundry

other things on my list

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Good Morning

- coffee!!!!

- finish cleaning master bedroom

- organize school stuff

- clean/organize spice/plate/bowl cupboard

- make Christmas list (going gift shopping Wednesday in city)- started

- tidy house- round 1 done

- pick dd2 up from dmil

- take dd1’s friend home

- laundry- in washer

- dishes- in dishwasher

- baths/showers

- bedtime routine

- anything else I get done

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 4

Room is nearly done. I have a small pile of "um, where does this go?" stuff, and I need to mop before I can finish up a last few things. Sitting for a bit with my ice pack, my leg has been okay with the boot, it just gets hot and heavy and awkward. 

Getting some loaded cheese fries for lunch, yum, but this is the last one, lol. 

I need to remember to rinse out the bathtub more, I put draino in and it needs to be flushed more. 

Once I'm done with the ice pack, off to mop. And then put on real pants, got hot working but once I sit I get cold.

• Like 3

We all worked outside most of the day and got tons done, including:

•the kids planted all the many hundreds of bulbs for me  :thumbup1:

•kids also put up the remaining outdoor Christmas lights

•ds19 and I dewormed the horses (which is quite an adventure because a few of them go into bucking bronco mode trying to avoid the dewormer  :001_rolleyes: )

•dh got the front yard straightened up (the puppies had it looking like a tornado had passed through)

•I scrubbed the paw prints off the front doors and dh hung the wreaths

•I swept out the hay sheds and tack room and cleaned the hay steamer

•dh tarped up the straw bales that won't fit in the sheds

•ds19 did some skid loader work and cleaned up the manure piles

•we got the new padlocks on all the gates and refilled the stock tank

•dh got all the artwork put back on the walls

•I gathered up all the dog leashes and harnesses and put them in a bin in the front hall closet

Relaxing for a moment now before I get dinner and evening chores started.

• Like 4

Got home from the folks' really late yesterday after spending the whole day doing Christmas.  We all slept in pretty late this morning.

Had a car appointment for my tire - it's still in the shop, probably need to go get it in the next hour or so.

Working on a very big and stressful project.  Client is up my butt because he's nervous about it.

Meanwhile the kids are trying to work ahead on their homework to help with our travel schedule.  They keep interrupting me.  I am pretending to be very focused but actually I am not.

I have some laundry to do if I ever get to a good place on my work (or even if I don't).

And also there are dozens of other things I wanted to finish this weekend work-wise.

And I just realized I missed a deadline last Friday.  Ugh.  Oh well ....

• Like 5

Mopping upstairs done. Did two loads of laundry and one of towels. Working on computer and paper work.

Ordered in for dinner because haven't been to the store. Which reminds me, at some point when it is light out, we need to try to get a new porch light in the socket. 

Skyping with the nieces and sister in a bit. 

Later will attempt some shredder surgery. I think it just needs cleaned, it shreds in the middle but not sides.

The leg is bugging me a bit now. Probably did a little too much. I'll ice it again later. 

Didn't do downstairs today, but I have the rest of the week. Need to think about decorations. I don't care about a tree but I think Mom wants one, maybe she'll settle for a plant and the tiny decorative ones we already have.

A bit grumpy after looking up the two girls from my college who are going to a conference in January that I am attending, they are very young and I do hope I won't be expected to be "friends" with them. (I can "social," but I don't want to be pressed into more than an acquaintanceship.)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4

They forgot an egg roll, it may show up later.

The nieces are tired and probably need dinner and a bath and early bed. Their parents refuse to set up schedules for them, so there's two almost-three-year-olds just running around eating too much junk and having too much screen time and wrecking the joint. Ugh. 

I miss them terribly but I won't put up with nonsense from the adults who should know better and then say the babies are being bad!

Edit: a wild egg roll has appeared!

Edit: the tiny ones now have pizza and are happy

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

All done for the day. Laundry is running and I'm about to make some cocoa and read.

Dh is watching basketball.

Ds is reading.

Dd has gone to bed. I am hoping she can really rest tonight. A lot less coughing would be good!

Our tree is very pretty. Always something magical about a Christmas tree.

• Like 3